• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Law Enforcement Officer chat videos?

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

Another thread made me realize that news videos of BAOC people up against the wall for police stops are all over the place, but any friendly follow up chats are not.

Are Officers willing to be caught on video in a way that displays an open, friendly relationship with the open carriers?

If the public realized that police can be comfortable around these open carriers it would 1) let the general populace know they can relax and 2)cause Brady Campaign much gnashing of teeth in trying to portray an image of thugs.

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

Another possible benefit to getting air time for amiable LEO/OC chats would be that viewers would begin to associate police and open carriers and perhaps develop the view that they are similar (protection).

Right now it is a sort of us/them thing, but that could change to the point viewers begin to realize that carry is supplemental.