• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new to the forum. long time browser

VegasGlocKid

imported post

Hey guys! just signed up here. been reading on this forum since i was 18. I turned 21 in nov of 09 and just picked up a Glock 23. My dad has a 23 and i fell in love with the feel and the overrall ruggedness. My family on my dads side has always carried. CC or OC. and ive grown up with the strictest gun safety and maintenance. I support both the right to CC and OC. problem is im 21 and some may say i dress like a "punk" unaware of my background and complete care for firearms and decision making. I think its soo cool that you guys can walk around as a group and show the local authority as well as other citizens that its ok and that they need to realize with responsible people carrying. the streets will be safer.

My goal "somehow" is to show people that 21 year old kids like me that dress in "no fear" clothing and have tattoos can be responsible people that one day may give assistance. i live right off the strip and i have weekends off so i would be interested in meeting everyone and walking around to get comfortable with carrying myself.

cody

Sabotage70

imported post

Make sure you come out for the Henderson meet/ walkabout. I personally don't have a problem with the tats. I have a few but the only one thats visible when I'm wearing a shirt is my ring finger. With you living in Fabulous Las Vegas Tattoos are more accepted than say Utah. A couple of years I lived in St. George and it seemed that I received more cross looks with my goatee than when I OC here.

And with the "No Fear" shirts, all I can say at least they're not "Bad Boy Club" shirts....J/K. No offense to those that wear BBC.:uhoh:

But seriously you should come out to the next meet. Even just turning 21 you still won't be the youngest. One of our "members" that's been out on the last 3 meets is only 19.

flagellum

imported post

Hi, I'm new as well (In fact, this is my second post and had not even made a thread introducing myself), but I'm glad to see another new 21 guy here, as I am 21 too. I've only lurked a bit, and hope to go on meets with the LV crew. I too dress fairly "punk", though not as much as before I joined the Air Force, as I had to remove piercings etc. I just started CC, and it still feels weird to me, so getting the courage to OC will be a big step.

Mike In Reno

imported post

welcome to the forum man, thanks for serving our country btw, check out nevada open carry on facebook if you can
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=284544707829&ref=ts

MPlannette

imported post

I can definitely relate. I looked through the forum for about a year and half prior to carrying. Definitely come out to the next meet, you can meet the other youngster in the group. :celebrate