Thread: Gun owners hit the road to arm America

Post imported post

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...;pageId=124271

I wonder how long this will be tolerated by anti-gun states. They will probably try to come up with some legislation to short-circuit it. IMHO it is a great idea and will allow more people in "anti" states the capability to carry.

Post imported post

from the link: "In states like New Jersey, Massachusetts and California, citizens are routinely denied the right to carry firearms for personal protection, and in states like Wisconsin and Illinois, carrying a firearm for protection is banned altogether," the Road Show website claims. "It's the mission of the Right To Carry Road Show to give Americans in these deprived areas the opportunity to exercize their rights."

Am I missing something here??? Carrying a firearm is not banned in Wisconsin is it?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Wait until they try to make it a 1 permit limit for concealed carry like they do now for drivers licenses.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    from the link: "In states like New Jersey, Massachusetts and California, citizens are routinely denied the right to carry firearms for personal protection, and in states like Wisconsin and Illinois, carrying a firearm for protection is banned altogether," the Road Show website claims. "It's the mission of the Right To Carry Road Show to give Americans in these deprived areas the opportunity to exercize their rights."

Am I missing something here??? Carrying a firearm is not banned in Wisconsin is it?
    I checked Wisconsin at nra-ila.org. http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/WISL.pdf

It is unlawful for any person except a peace officer to go armed with a concealed and dangerous weapon. There is no statutory provision for obtaining a license or permit to carry a concealed weapon. State law does not prohibit the open carrying of a firearm, but a person should exercise caution when carrying a firearm in public.

So I guess while they can open carry they can't CC. Some states like NJ require a license to OC. So I believe this article is mainly talking about CC though.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sounds like a great idea...and much like the conceptof voter-registration efforts.

Besides,if liberal organizations like Acorn can get out and sign people up for whatever BS they do, why can't a conservative group go out and sign up people for something REALLY important: Being armed in order to stay alive?

This "Road Show" wouldn't work for the oppressed people of Hawaii, however, as that state recognizes no other state permits sinceHI doesn't allow its OWN residents to carry, OC or CC. Consequently, I'd say change can only come from the efforts of the people ofHawaii, not externally.

Maybe, though, if this works for most/all of the OTHER states, maybe the pathetic Hawaii political "leadership" -- out of pure embarassment if nothing more noble -- will "get with the program" and finally join the USA (as per the title of that other thread).

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:

OC is legal in WI, as long as you abide by all these rules:

Wisconsin Statutes and Case Law Surrounding Firearms

Hopefully we will get rid of the school GFSZ.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)