• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun owners hit the road to arm America

Thundar

imported post

from the link: "In states like New Jersey, Massachusetts and California, citizens are routinely denied the right to carry firearms for personal protection, and in states like Wisconsin and Illinois, carrying a firearm for protection is banned altogether," the Road Show website claims. "It's the mission of the Right To Carry Road Show to give Americans in these deprived areas the opportunity to exercize their rights."

Am I missing something here??? Carrying a firearm is not banned in Wisconsin is it?

45acpForMe

imported post

Thundar wrote:
from the link: "In states like New Jersey, Massachusetts and California, citizens are routinely denied the right to carry firearms for personal protection, and in states like Wisconsin and Illinois, carrying a firearm for protection is banned altogether," the Road Show website claims. "It's the mission of the Right To Carry Road Show to give Americans in these deprived areas the opportunity to exercize their rights."

Am I missing something here??? Carrying a firearm is not banned in Wisconsin is it?
I checked Wisconsin at nra-ila.org. http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/WISL.pdf

It is unlawful for any person except a peace officer to go armed with a concealed and dangerous weapon. There is no statutory provision for obtaining a license or permit to carry a concealed weapon. State law does not prohibit the open carrying of a firearm, but a person should exercise caution when carrying a firearm in public.

So I guess while they can open carry they can't CC. Some states like NJ require a license to OC. So I believe this article is mainly talking about CC though.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Sounds like a great idea...and much like the conceptof voter-registration efforts.

Besides,if liberal organizations like Acorn can get out and sign people up for whatever BS they do, why can't a conservative group go out and sign up people for something REALLY important: Being armed in order to stay alive?

This "Road Show" wouldn't work for the oppressed people of Hawaii, however, as that state recognizes no other state permits sinceHI doesn't allow its OWN residents to carry, OC or CC. Consequently, I'd say change can only come from the efforts of the people ofHawaii, not externally.

Maybe, though, if this works for most/all of the OTHER states, maybe the pathetic Hawaii political "leadership" -- out of pure embarassment if nothing more noble -- will "get with the program" and finally join the USA (as per the title of that other thread).

-- John D.

protias

imported post

Thundar wrote:

OC is legal in WI, as long as you abide by all these rules:

Wisconsin Statutes and Case Law Surrounding Firearms

Hopefully we will get rid of the school GFSZ.