Thread: legislature considers banning carry in national parks and appalachian trail

Post imported post

Post imported post

A gun ban in the Maine wilderness????
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

I found that House Speaker's email addresses, have at it with messages. I pointed out neighboring VT and NH do not lose tourist money over allowing guns almost everywhere outdoors, Wetern states like MT, ID, WY, OR, WA, etc., won't lose any tourist money over it, you'll spend tourist moneye lsewhere, etc. (since their flimsy excuse is it might scare off tourists).

I found her two email addresses, as follows:

hannah@pingree.com

RepHannah.Pingree@legislature.maine.gov

Got it from: http://www.maine.gov/legis/house/hsebios/pingh_.htm

Post imported post

“It is important to the tourism industry, and it is important to families for people to feel safe.."

Right... who gives a sh#t about the people's safety who actually live there?? F*ckin yuppies make me sick. Another reason why I left that state.

That will be a sad day if that passes..

Post imported post

thank you for this! didnt even know this was happening! thanks for the heads up!

McX

Post imported post

considering the vast expanse, and isolated areas of these trails, sooner or later the criminal element will figure out what easy pickings unarmed hikers, picknickers, site seerers, can be. criminals will ignore any ban in place, any ban in place will leave the public completely vunerable. what are they thinking?

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    considering the vast expanse, and isolated areas of these trails, sooner or later the criminal element will figure out what easy pickings unarmed hikers, picknickers, site seerers, can be. criminals will ignore any ban in place, any ban in place will leave the public completely vunerable. what are they thinking?
    They aren't, they are "feeling". :quirky