• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

legislature considers banning carry in national parks and appalachian trail

CJ

imported post

I found that House Speaker's email addresses, have at it with messages. I pointed out neighboring VT and NH do not lose tourist money over allowing guns almost everywhere outdoors, Wetern states like MT, ID, WY, OR, WA, etc., won't lose any tourist money over it, you'll spend tourist moneye lsewhere, etc. (since their flimsy excuse is it might scare off tourists).

I found her two email addresses, as follows:

hannah@pingree.com

RepHannah.Pingree@legislature.maine.gov

Got it from: http://www.maine.gov/legis/house/hsebios/pingh_.htm

Hendu024

imported post

“It is important to the tourism industry, and it is important to families for people to feel safe.."

Right... who gives a sh#t about the people's safety who actually live there?? F*ckin yuppies make me sick. Another reason why I left that state.

That will be a sad day if that passes..

M

McX

imported post

considering the vast expanse, and isolated areas of these trails, sooner or later the criminal element will figure out what easy pickings unarmed hikers, picknickers, site seerers, can be. criminals will ignore any ban in place, any ban in place will leave the public completely vunerable. what are they thinking?

FMCDH

imported post

McX wrote:
considering the vast expanse, and isolated areas of these trails, sooner or later the criminal element will figure out what easy pickings unarmed hikers, picknickers, site seerers, can be. criminals will ignore any ban in place, any ban in place will leave the public completely vunerable. what are they thinking?
They aren't, they are "feeling". :quirky