Thread: Open Carry Meetup in San Leandro

Post imported post

February 13, 2010 - Saturday

Starbucks - Bay Fair
    E. 14th St & Fairmont Dr
    San Leandro, CA

TIME: 11am-1pm

Bring your printed materials on open carry, a good attitude, recording device(s), and be ready to speak intelligently to the public, media and law enforcement officers about open carry.

Please take the usual precautions... and be sure you pay attention to Gun Free School Zones, locked container (if needed), etc. Carry at your own risk. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for this public meet up. That all being said, HAVE FUN! See you there!

*This is a higher crime area, so keep your eyes open and be aware of your surroundings*

Post imported post

The wife and I will be there

Post imported post

If my schedule permits, I will be there.

Post imported post

Plan to see me there too!

Carry On,

Livermoron

Post imported post

onedavetoomany wrote:
    February 13, 2010 - Saturday

Starbucks - Bay Fair
    E. 14th St & Fairmont Dr
    San Leandro, CA

TIME: 11am-1pm

Bring your printed materials on open carry, a good attitude, recording device(s), and be ready to speak intelligently to the public, media and law enforcement officers about open carry.

Please take the usual precautions... and be sure you pay attention to Gun Free School Zones, locked container (if needed), etc. Carry at your own risk. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for this public meet up. That all being said, HAVE FUN! See you there!

*This is a higher crime area, so keep your eyes open and be aware of your surroundings*
    Bay Fair Mall??? Now that's a place where you definitely need a gun for protection IMO. Not a very safe area. That whole area went downhill about 25 years ago.

Post imported post

How about some northbay meetings, Petaluma, sebastopol, rohnert park etc.

Post imported post

Wow, San Leandro? Only place I kbow of where you can witness a drug purchase, get nailed in a hit-and-run and your wallet stolen in a 10-minute span of time.

I'll be in AZ that weekend, dunno if I'd ever make the drive/ride up that far for that area. Stay on your toes and CYA!!
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

You guys stay safe, San Leandro has a couple of parts that you would be wise to avoid.

Post imported post

gotta work in the morning but will try to make it there, its not that bad an area been there 100's of times and ive always felt safe.

Post imported post

Thanks to everyone that came out to San Leandro today! We had approximately 20 men and women open carrying at the Bay Fair Starbucks in San Leandro. The police received no complaints even in this higher crime area.

Banned

Post imported post

Why don't you guys go for a walk around Lake Merrit in Oakland sometime, and hand out fliers. I don't think there are any schools in the area,and it would silence your detractors, like those cops in Palo Alto.

Post imported post

onedavetoomany wrote:
    Thanks to everyone that came out to San Leandro today! We had approximately 20 men and women open carrying at the Bay Fair Starbucks in San Leandro. The police received no complaints even in this higher crime area.
    Some ladies carrying?....WTG!!!
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    onedavetoomany wrote:
    I counted at least four women carrying

Post imported post

Glad to hear all went well. Unfortunately I had to work, or else I would have definitely made it.

Post imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
    Why don't you guys go for a walk around Lake Merrit in Oakland sometime, and hand out fliers. I don't think there are any schools in the area,and it would silence your detractors, like those cops in Palo Alto.
    We do not look for, nor encourage criminal confrontation. Since we wouldn't normally be in such an area, our Palo Alto friends could easily turn it into a "I told you so"--"..looking to shoot someone"--"..vigilantes looking for a kill" moment.

I prefer to patronize my favorite sandwich shop, the owner is very supportive and a seasoned trap shooter. LEO's are regulars there, and have never questioned me.

Post imported post

onedavetoomany wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    onedavetoomany wrote:
    Pictures/video or it didnt happen.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

demnogis wrote:
    Wow, San Leandro? Only place I kbow of where you can witness a drug purchase, get nailed in a hit-and-run and your wallet stolen in a 10-minute span of time.

I'll be in AZ that weekend, dunno if I'd ever make the drive/ride up that far for that area. Stay on your toes and CYA!!
    That sounds like it was a really horrible vacation...

But I can top it...

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    onedavetoomany wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    onedavetoomany wrote:
    Pictures/video or it didnt happen.
    I'm working on that.