• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Palo Alto detective threatens to kill UOC'ers

ChuckBooty

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
Ok fair enough. Idiot LEO roger. Palo Alto is pretty far away but I will support however I can.
Have you emailed the mayor and city counsel? If so....you should definitely fill out the complaint for linked above. Thanks!

dirtykoala

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
Ok fair enough. Idiot LEO roger. Palo Alto is pretty far away but I will support however I can.

sorry, I gotta correct you here. I grew up in palo alto, east palo alto (EPA) is a different city in a different county. I'm not a fan of EPA at all. Nothing personal toward you, just defensive about my home city. When I say I'm not a fan of EPA I mean I hate that city with a burning passion.

I will go there in protest of this cop though. There is a starbucks there that isn't deep into the city.

oc4ever

imported post

If this idiot officer is ever involved in a use-of-force situation, the victim (or his family) will hit the east palo alto city cash jackpot. The worst civil rights attorney in the world will make them extremely rich. These statements he made shows his intention to shoot a citizen. He thinks he gets a 2 week vacation for his misdeeds, mocks citizens' exercising their rights, and shows a complete lack of respect for his fellow man. I don't know how the police chief could ever allow a person with this mindset to work again in police work with a gun.

He is not the only one with this cowboy attitude, and only reminds us all why you have to be very careful out in public. LEO's like this should make you very cautious while OC'ing, especially alone.

dirtykoala

imported post

cops are why i wear a vest when i UOC. I will probably break out the SAPI plates now since they want to shoot us with 5.56 now.

technique

imported post

They guy who made the comments is on CGN with an explanation...if that's what you call it.

Edward Peruta

imported post

Every individual in California should now be able to use the constant threats of armed confrontation while carrying a firearm UNLOADEDasGOOD CAUSE to obtain a CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT.

It is obviously the type of treat that most issuing authorities look for during the application process.

This is what everyone should provide as the required GoodCausewhile making application for a CaliforniaCCW.

"While I am out in public and acting in a legal manner, the record will show that I am constantly faced with being confronted by armed individuals who approach mewith weapons drawn threateningphysical harm or death."

The record will also show that I during these armed confrontations, I may beforced to subject myself to physically and emotionallyhumiliating demands byarmedindividuals."

When legally carrying Unloaded and Openly, many law abiding California citizens have documented and published the facts of what happened.

Given the recent facebook postings by a member of law enforcement, it seems only reasonable that threats of this kind could be used to justify obtaining a Concealed Carry Permit.

Just my opinion

Ronarmedim

imported post

Called the Mayor today.
Got him at home? I first apologized for calling him at home as i did not know it was his home number. He stated that i was the first to call him but he stopped counting how many emails he had received about this cop. I stated that if i was to post something like that i would be arrested. He agreed that i most likely would. He stated that he called the chef of police on the matter.
This cop is now a big liability for any police department that he works for as well as a danger to everyone. His words will follow him forever and if he were ever to fire on anyone for any reason his post will come back to haunt him and the department he works for. He has no one to blame but himself. Hopefully he will be fired and replaced with a good cop. We all need more good cops and less bad ones.

I wonder if the NRA knows about this? I also wonder what kind of anti gun twist the media will put on this if they pick up the story.

wildhawker

imported post

The Right People are aware, and have drafted a letter which will be sent to the EPAPD with copy to the City and Mayor.

This is clearly a civil rights issue. I am optimistic that through this incident we will see East Palo Alto PD produce a training program on how to properly respond to UOC as well as respect the constitutional rights of peaceful, law-abiding citizens.

-Brandon

Ronarmedim wrote:
Called the Mayor today.
Got him at home? I first apologized for calling him at home as i did not know it was his home number. He stated that i was the first to call him but he stopped counting how many emails he had received about this cop. I stated that if i was to post something like that i would be arrested. He agreed that i most likely would. He stated that he  called the chef of police on the matter.
This cop is now a big liability for any police department that he works for as well as a danger to everyone. His words will follow him forever and if he were ever to fire on anyone for any reason his post will come back to haunt him and the department he works for. He has no one to blame but himself. Hopefully he will be fired and replaced with a good cop. We all need more good cops and less bad ones.

I wonder if the NRA knows about this? I also wonder what kind of anti gun twist the media will put on this if they pick up the story.

dirtykoala

imported post

Ronarmedim wrote:
Called the Mayor today.
Got him at home? I first apologized for calling him at home as i did not know it was his home number. He stated that i was the first to call him but he stopped counting how many emails he had received about this cop. I stated that if i was to post something like that i would be arrested. He agreed that i most likely would. He stated that he called the chef of police on the matter.

it seems to me that no "twist" is needed. The fact is that the firearms restrictions/regulations here inCAhave failed yet again. Nothing crazy or twisted, its obvious, the state has issued a CCW to a thug, and granted him the authority to also carry loaded, and enforce laws.

Guns do pose a danger when in the wrong hands.Its clear nowthat all criminals have to do inorder to legally possess guns and shoot people, then get paid vacation, is become a cop. this is not to say that all cops are criminals, just that criminals can be cops.

wildhawker

imported post

Unfortunately, here in the Bay Area this type of incident has a ceiling on outcomes, which is to say that the best we'll see is some form of disciplinary measures taken with the Detective and, possibly, a training program on UOC response. It's not the GC that most CLEO'$ are looking for.

-Brandon

Edward Peruta wrote:
Every individual in California should now be able to use the constant threats of armed confrontation while carrying a firearm UNLOADED as GOOD CAUSE to obtain a CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT...Given the recent facebook postings by a member of law enforcement, it seems only reasonable that threats of this kind could be used to justify obtaining a Concealed Carry Permit.

dirtykoala

imported post

damn, people from all of the country are calling and emailing about this guy. bet nothing happens to him... except maybe a 2 week paid vacation, if they dont give that to him, he knows how to get it.

NightOwl

imported post

I find it amusing how that guy talks about how OCers should carry in rough areas, rather than just the nicer towns.

Bear in mind this is LOC, not the CA crappy version, but the apartment building I lived in for the last couple years in Idaho had the following while I lived there: 2 crackhouses, 1 attempted murder, 6 vehicle break ins. That I know of. I'm pretty sure there was more, just that it didn't come to my attention and I was hardly out looking for the local drama. Considering this was for one apartment building, and not counting the rest of the neighborhood, I'd say that it qualifies for not being one of the nice areas. Idid OC daily, every time I left my apartment I was armed with a loaded firearm clearly visible. Yet in spite of how some officers think I'd get 'jacked' for my gun in a rough area, nobody jacked my gun, and the rougher residents/guestsnever even attempted to intimidate me, for my gun or otherwise.

I imagine the story would be the same if I lived in other similarly crappy areas. That's loaded though, UOC is crap, especially with the stupid CA restrictions on location. Wild West huh...interesting how those areas with 'wild west' style gun laws don't have the shootouts some seem to expect.