Thread: Sens. Kline et al: please help!
As I am sure you are aware, cars are used in many crimes in Washington State. In my opinion, our elected leaders are not doing enough to help keep us safe from the menace of the assault cars used in the majority of such crimes. In addition, it's time we had a frank and open discussion about whether such cars should have a legitimate role in our society.
To that end, I hope you would consider introducing legislation providing for the following.
I -- as well as all reasonably-minded citizens of the great State of Washington -- eagerly await your favorable response regarding this desperately needed legislation. We're not trying to take anyone's car away, but we must use this opportunity to address one of the most serious issues of our day.
- A ban in Washington on the manufacture, sale, or transfer of assault cars, defined as
- Any car that seats more than 3 occupants. Studies have shown that the vast majority of car crime is committed with cars that seat at least 4 people.
- Any car with an engine that produces more than 150 horsepower. No one needs that much power, and allowing citizens to possess it means they can easily elude law enforcement after committing car crimes.
- Any car with tinted windows. The menacing appearance of cars with this treatment fosters a culture of car crime.
- A provision to allow state law enforcement to enter private homes once per year to inspect assault cars possessed before the prohibitions took hold, to ensure that such cars are stored "properly." Considering the number of crimes committed involving cars, the state has a legitimate interest in ensuring that they do not fall into the hands of reckless teenagers, criminals, or the mentally ill, due to the negligence of assault car owners.
- Establishment of a new state agency to accept assault cars turned in by their owners for destruction. Eventually, this agency could be at the forefront of the confiscation efforts that would be a welcome, logical next step in combating the scourge of car violence.
I would totally sign for something that was worded to ban cars operated by human interaction... push for auto-pilot!!
Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?
Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!
I think something like this should be added.
Anytime that the vehicle is used in a manner that may suggest unusual or excessive force was/is applied to the gas pedal the vehicle must have a device previously installed with wich to apply a mark to the ground to show evidence of which vehicle was used.
This mark would have to have been registered with the proper local or state authorities so that identification of said vehicle by the proper authotities could help in tracking down the owner of said vehicle.
Or something like that.
tai4de2 wrote:Your grammar is a little off... :PIn my opinion, our elected leaders are not doing to help keep us safe from the menace of the assault cars used in the majority of such crimes.
Other than that, sounds very reasonable to me.
Don't forget that we should require a permit for anyone to drive an easily concealable car that holds 2 occupants or less....
And no after market silencers, just ones that were origanally installed at the factory.
If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?
"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas
"They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin
And no chain link steering wheels, chrome rims, mag wheels, oversize tires, spoilers, loud stereos, racing stripes, decals, etc.
"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson
amzbrady wrote:Oh, man, I'll support that one in a heartbeat! Where do I sign that petition!And no after market silencers, just ones that were origanally installed at the factory.
Oh, wait, it's just like gun control, isn't it - those aftermarket "silencers" for cars that make them sound like lawn mowers are ALREADY illegal in Washington! Just like it's already illegal in Washington for criminals to commit crimes with guns! The problem is enforcement and punishment...
NavyLT wrote:A word was missing ("enough"). I added it.tai4de2 wrote:Your grammar is a little off... :PIn my opinion, our elected leaders are not doing to help keep us safe from the menace of the assault cars used in the majority of such crimes.