• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sens. Kline et al: please help!

tai4de2

imported post

Dear Senators,

As I am sure you are aware, cars are used in many crimes in Washington State. In my opinion, our elected leaders are not doing enough to help keep us safe from the menace of the assault cars used in the majority of such crimes. In addition, it's time we had a frank and open discussion about whether such cars should have a legitimate role in our society.

To that end, I hope you would consider introducing legislation providing for the following.
  1. A ban in Washington on the manufacture, sale, or transfer of assault cars, defined as
    • Any car that seats more than 3 occupants. Studies have shown that the vast majority of car crime is committed with cars that seat at least 4 people.
    • Any car with an engine that produces more than 150 horsepower. No one needs that much power, and allowing citizens to possess it means they can easily elude law enforcement after committing car crimes.
    • Any car with tinted windows. The menacing appearance of cars with this treatment fosters a culture of car crime.
  2. A provision to allow state law enforcement to enter private homes once per year to inspect assault cars possessed before the prohibitions took hold, to ensure that such cars are stored "properly." Considering the number of crimes committed involving cars, the state has a legitimate interest in ensuring that they do not fall into the hands of reckless teenagers, criminals, or the mentally ill, due to the negligence of assault car owners.
  3. Establishment of a new state agency to accept assault cars turned in by their owners for destruction. Eventually, this agency could be at the forefront of the confiscation efforts that would be a welcome, logical next step in combating the scourge of car violence.
I -- as well as all reasonably-minded citizens of the great State of Washington -- eagerly await your favorable response regarding this desperately needed legislation. We're not trying to take anyone's car away, but we must use this opportunity to address one of the most serious issues of our day.

Sincerely,
tai4de2

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I would totally sign for something that was worded to ban cars operated by human interaction... push for auto-pilot!! ;)

Faceplant

imported post

I think something like this should be added.

Anytime that the vehicle is used in a manner that may suggest unusual or excessive force was/is applied to the gas pedal the vehicle must have a device previously installed with wich to apply a mark to the ground to show evidence of which vehicle was used.

This mark would have to have been registered with the proper local or state authorities so that identification of said vehicle by the proper authotities could help in tracking down the owner of said vehicle.

Or something like that.