• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So Cal UOC Adopt a Highway

heliopolissolutions

imported post

There are OTHER things we can do than adopt-a-highway.

Orphanages, schools and pet shelters need help, and forget about getting press, those are opportunities to actually get out and talk to people and teach them about firearms.

A ECNALG

imported post

leoffensive wrote:
A ECNALG wrote:
Indeed, you can do the work yourselves.

San Diego Minutemen have sections of I-5, NB and SB, in the vicinity of the CPB checkpoint near San Clemente. They do the cleanups themselves. There was some legal wrangling that they had to contend with that caused a suspension of their operations, however, they should be resuming cleanups in the very near future.

So, one thing to keep in mind is that a sign promoting open carry may exceed the PC limits under CalTrans rules for deciding who may receive a permit.
we have a minuteman kook in my area on the 8. ive been given intructions not to talk to him. apparently hes a problem. i dont like the minutemen at all a sign of theres was knocked down and they sued caltrans over it cause the sign wasnt immediately replaced or some crap like that(its not an important sign so things like speedlimits and stop signs get priority over it) and ended up winning a bunch of money. i look at them as murderers and crooks!

The issue was not the Minutemen. The issue was whether members of a sponsoringorganization could personally perform the cleanups.

The lawsuit against CalTrans nothing to do with a sign that had been knocked down. Instead, it had everything to do withfree speech and equal protection due to Caltrans' discrimination against SDMM, apparently at the behest of pro-illegal/pro-amnesty legislators . . .

From SDMM website:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sept 19, 2008

SAN DIEGO MINUTEMEN ADD STATE LEGISLATORS TO ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY LAWSUIT

CARLSBAD, CA – San Diego Minutemen Attorney Howard Kaloogian filed a request Monday to amend the lawsuit against Caltrans to include State Senator Gil Cedillo and Assemblyman Joe Coto for their admitted roles in entering into a conspiracy with CalTrans to illegally deny the San Diego Minutemen’s constitutionally protected rights of free speech and equal protection under the laws by improperly revoking the San Diego Minutemen’s adopt-a-highway permit in January.
Further, the Consulate General of Mexico in San Diego, Richardo Pineda,directly meddledin our state's internal affairs by also attempting to influenceCalTrans policy . . .

"Mr. Pedro Orso-Delgado, Director, District 11, CalTrans

"Dear Mr. Orso, I'm writting you in reference to the issue of the permit granted to the San Diego Minutemen group to adopt a stretch of the Interstate 5 Highway within the "Adopt-A-Highway" program.

"Regarding this issue, I would like to express my surprise and consternation about Caltrans' decision , given that I believe that this measure can exacerbate the preoccupying anti-immigant sentiment expressed by some groups, like the San Diego Minutemen."
The sign removal notification, signed by Orso-Delgado,noted as reasons for this permit revocation:

"The location of your existing Adopt-a-Highway (AAH) permit has raised questions regarding public safety due to the proximity of your assigned highway segment to a U.S. Border Patrol facility . . . . Your group has also raised concerns regarding possible vandalism to the courtessy sign . . . . (T)he Department has concluded that your organization's participation . . . poses a significant risk of disruption to the operation of the State Highway, as well as public safety concerns for both the traveling public and participants in the AAH Program."
The concerns over vandalism and disruption were raised because of threats from pro-illegal alien/pro-amnesty activist to destroy the courtessy sign, and possibly do physical violence upon the cleanup crew from passing vehicles.

All of this illustrates my second point, that was any group promoting the open carry of firearms may, and likely will, face stiff opposition from both anti-2A extremists and CalTrans.

On a side note . . .

I am curious to know who the "kook" is along I-8? Gadget? Ridgerunner? Slick? Kingfish? I certainly know that Lil' Dog is not of whom you speak, as he has been off the border for well over a year now.

It is unfortunate that you choose to paint with the proverbial broad brush all Minutemen as "murderers and crooks." I have seen with my own eyes REAL murderers and crooks come across our southern border, both day and night. Border Patrol Agent Robert Rosas was murdered last year near Campo by one such piece of crap. The narcotics that these bastards bring across fuel the gangs that plague our cities, large and small. The laborers brought across areroutinelyexploited, extorted, beaten and raped.

But, of course it's only the Minutemen who are "murderers and crooks."

A ECNALG

imported post

Oops ! One other thing I neglected to highlight....

CalTran's permit revocation letter also stated:

"Please be advised that the Department is currently examining allegations of violent behavior and/or advocacy of violence by your group. Under the AAH Program eligibility criteria, entities that advocate violence, violation of the law, or discrimination based upon race . . . ancestry . . . may not participate in the Program . . . . These allegations warrent careful examination, and the Department will conduct this review in an expeditious fashion."
As stated earlier, the San Diego Minutemen now have both NB and SB stretches of I-5 near San Clemente. Golly gee, apparently, CalTrans was unable to substantiate these seriousallegations.

Too bad that those who brought the allegations to CalTrans' attention were not themselves subjectto the same "careful examination."

leoffensive

imported post

A ECNALG wrote:
leoffensive wrote:
A ECNALG wrote:
Indeed, you can do the work yourselves.

San Diego Minutemen have sections of I-5, NB and SB, in the vicinity of the CPB checkpoint near San Clemente. They do the cleanups themselves. There was some legal wrangling that they had to contend with that caused a suspension of their operations, however, they should be resuming cleanups in the very near future.

So, one thing to keep in mind is that a sign promoting open carry may exceed the PC limits under CalTrans rules for deciding who may receive a permit.
we have a minuteman kook in my area on the 8. ive been given intructions not to talk to him. apparently hes a problem. i dont like the minutemen at all a sign of theres was knocked down and they sued caltrans over it cause the sign wasnt immediately replaced or some crap like that(its not an important sign so things like speedlimits and stop signs get priority over it) and ended up winning a bunch of money. i look at them as murderers and crooks!

The issue was not the Minutemen. The issue was whether members of a sponsoringorganization could personally perform the cleanups.

The lawsuit against CalTrans nothing to do with a sign that had been knocked down. Instead, it had everything to do withfree speech and equal protection due to Caltrans' discrimination against SDMM, apparently at the behest of pro-illegal/pro-amnesty legislators . . .

From SDMM website:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sept 19, 2008

SAN DIEGO MINUTEMEN ADD STATE LEGISLATORS TO ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY LAWSUIT

CARLSBAD, CA – San Diego Minutemen Attorney Howard Kaloogian filed a request Monday to amend the lawsuit against Caltrans to include State Senator Gil Cedillo and Assemblyman Joe Coto for their admitted roles in entering into a conspiracy with CalTrans to illegally deny the San Diego Minutemen’s constitutionally protected rights of free speech and equal protection under the laws by improperly revoking the San Diego Minutemen’s adopt-a-highway permit in January.
Further, the Consulate General of Mexico in San Diego, Richardo Pineda,directly meddledin our state's internal affairs by also attempting to influenceCalTrans policy . . .
"Mr. Pedro Orso-Delgado, Director, District 11, CalTrans

"Dear Mr. Orso, I'm writting you in reference to the issue of the permit granted to the San Diego Minutemen group to adopt a stretch of the Interstate 5 Highway within the "Adopt-A-Highway" program.

"Regarding this issue, I would like to express my surprise and consternation about Caltrans' decision , given that I believe that this measure can exacerbate the preoccupying anti-immigant sentiment expressed by some groups, like the San Diego Minutemen."
The sign removal notification, signed by Orso-Delgado,noted as reasons for this permit revocation:
"The location of your existing Adopt-a-Highway (AAH) permit has raised questions regarding public safety due to the proximity of your assigned highway segment to a U.S. Border Patrol facility . . . . Your group has also raised concerns regarding possible vandalism to the courtessy sign . . . . (T)he Department has concluded that your organization's participation . . . poses a significant risk of disruption to the operation of the State Highway, as well as public safety concerns for both the traveling public and participants in the AAH Program."
The concerns over vandalism and disruption were raised because of threats from pro-illegal alien/pro-amnesty activist to destroy the courtessy sign, and possibly do physical violence upon the cleanup crew from passing vehicles.

All of this illustrates my second point, that was any group promoting the open carry of firearms may, and likely will, face stiff opposition from both anti-2A extremists and CalTrans.

On a side note . . .

I am curious to know who the "kook" is along I-8? Gadget? Ridgerunner? Slick? Kingfish? I certainly know that Lil' Dog is not of whom you speak, as he has been off the border for well over a year now.

It is unfortunate that you choose to paint with the proverbial broad brush all Minutemen as "murderers and crooks." I have seen with my own eyes REAL murderers and crooks come across our southern border, both day and night. Border Patrol Agent Robert Rosas was murdered last year near Campo by one such piece of crap. The narcotics that these bastards bring across fuel the gangs that plague our cities, large and small. The laborers brought across areroutinelyexploited, extorted, beaten and raped.

But, of course it's only the Minutemen who are "murderers and crooks."

i have my personal reasons from experience for my disdain with the minutemen organizations that line our borders. im not gonna go into it as it will probably cause a stupid argument that will go nowhere.

but back to the idea of adopting a section of highway.

i think its a great idea. but ill cut right to the really relavent(sp?) issue.

the whole thing with hostile people throwing stuff at you from cars. its a real safety concern. getting hit with something at 70+ MPH isnt fun and it can be potentially deadly. the thing is someone could easily get away with it. and i think there are a lot of people out there who are hostile towards us. in my oppinion it could potentially be more of a hassle than someone might wanna deal with at the moment.