• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there an open carry rifle event in texas?

aliendroid

imported post

If there isn't, why isn't there an open carry long gun litter pickup or something?

aliendroid

imported post

glock37 wrote:
Do you really want to carry a rifle and pick up garbage at the same time?
I would rather carry a pistol, but given that I have this 3foot long grash gripper I wouldn't have to bend over. This could be a start in waking people up in Texas to the fact that I can walk around with an ar15 but not a pistol, which is stupid.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
I hate to burst your bubble, but the founders of this forum do not support everyone's right to open carry firearms. Only those that fall into their limited beliefs:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

11) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. Do not start OFF TOPIC threads or discussions such aspromoting the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the folks on this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

That's a lot less than fair. The points they bring up are well taken. There are quite a few logistical reason why OC of long arms are troublesome, ones that do in fact detract from the message of OCDO.

CrimsonSoul

imported post

Yeah and my only long gun is my daughter's cricket bolt action single shot pink .22 and I don't think I'd make it look sexy if I wore it :)

CrimsonSoul

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
CrimsonSoul wrote:
Yeah and my only long gun is my daughter's cricket bolt action single shot pink .22 and I don't think I'd make it look sexy if I wore it :)
As long as you had a matching purse and belt, you should be OK.  :lol:

My wife doesn't have a pink purse or belt I could borrow. Wait.. she does have a pink DS holder I could borrow.. it looks like a purse! Alright, I'm game! :)

KBCraig

imported post

CrimsonSoul wrote:
I actually think that would make the point especially well. :)

Vincentpbooth

imported post

aliendroid wrote
This could be a start in waking people up in Texas to the fact that I can walk around with an ar15 but not a pistol, which is stupid.
Which is a good point in support of open carry of handguns.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Seems like you're doing just fine talking about it, its just that OCDO isn't going to support an event where OC of rifles is the point.