• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PA NON-RESIDENT LTCF

GROUND ZERO

imported post

Hi all I would like to know does the Centre County Sheriff's Office send out a automatic renewal application for PA NON-RESIDENT LTCF or do I have to contact them any info or help would be greatly appreciated I have searched the web and could not find the answer thank you in advance .

GROUND ZERO

mrjam2jab

imported post

18 6109 (f)(2) At least 60 days prior to the expiration of each license, the issuing sheriff shall send to the licensee an application for renewal of license. Failure to receive a renewal application shall not relieve a licensee from the responsibility to renew the license.

Not sure about Centre County...

That being said...Renewal in PA is the same process as the initial application. Keep track of it yourself and when time comes send in a new application.

GROUND ZERO

imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:
18 6109 (f)(2) At least 60 days prior to the expiration of each license, the issuing sheriff shall send to the licensee an application for renewal of license. Failure to receive a renewal application shall not relieve a licensee from the responsibility to renew the license.

Not sure about Centre County...

That being said...Renewal in PA is the same process as the initial application. Keep track of it yourself and when time comes send in a new application.

mrjam2jab..

Thank you for getting back to meI will keep track off it and if needed send in anew application.

GROUND ZERO

Dreamer

imported post

I believe that may be because PA is switching to a new format for their LTCF cards. Rather than be the older overized paper cards where you could attach a photo, I was led to believe (by the folks at Centre County) that they were adopting a state-wide system that would issue ID cards like a drivers license. Because they need to actually snap your picture into the system, you're going to have to actually BE THERE, like getting a new DL made...

At least that's the story they gave me.

I think it's a GREAT idea that they convert to a more "modern" format for their LTCF.

When I was in Annapolis testifying for the MD REciprocity bill, the MSP rep said she'd never seen a PA LTCF and wouldn't know a legitimate one if she saw it, so I showed her mine. Her comment was (in a VERY snarky tone) "oh, yeah, MD used to issue cheap permits like that in the '60s..."

The MINUTE that PA changes to their new system, I'm making a road trip to get the new card. Frankly, I hate the index-sized cards they issue...

GROUND ZERO

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
I believe that may be because PA is switching to a new format for their LTCF cards. Rather than be the older overized paper cards where you could attach a photo, I was led to believe (by the folks at Centre County) that they were adopting a state-wide system that would issue ID cards like a drivers license. Because they need to actually snap your picture into the system, you're going to have to actually BE THERE, like getting a new DL made...

I think it's a GREAT idea that they convert to a more "modern" format for their LTCF.

When I was in Annapolis testifying for the MD REciprocity bill, the MSP rep said she'd never seen a PA LTCF and wouldn't know a legitimate one if she saw it, so I showed her mine. Her comment was (in a VERY snarky tone) "oh, yeah, MD used to issue cheap permits like that in the '60s..."

The MINUTE that PA changes to their new system, I'm making a road trip to get the new card. Frankly, I hate the index-sized cards they issue...
Thank you all for the information it is really appreciated.
Ground Zero

mrjam2jab

imported post

Dreamer wrote:

Thats the story they are giving....but what doesn't quite make sense is most..if not all..of the other states that issue non-res thru the mail issue the plastic cards...with applicant supplied pics. So why would PA need the applicant to apply in person? What makes their system so different?

CraigC178

imported post

GROUND ZERO wrote:
Dreamer wrote:

Thank you all for the information it is really appreciated.
Ground Zero

They are starting that in January of 2011. I'll edit my post with a link when I find the article that I read.

As far as renewing your Centre County LTC, they have gotten very quick in processing applications. I sent mine in on a Monday and had it back in Saturday's mail.

http://www.centredaily.com/2010/02/07/1777462/permit-law-changes-could-cost.html

ETA: added link to article

Dreamer

imported post

And to clear something up, PA does not issue a special "non-resident" permit that is in any way different than it's "resident" permits. They are EXACTLY the same card.

What makes it a "non-resident" permit is that it has your home address on it. If the address is not a PA address, then obviously the permit is issued to a non-resident.

Some states have different cards for non-res permits. They are a different color, or have different titling or other wording to indicate they are non-res permits. But the PA LTCF is a uniform card across the board, no matter WHERE your state of residency is...

http://www.usacarry.com/pennsylvania_concealed_carry_permit_information.html