• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's NRA Mega Weekend

SpringerXDacp

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Who was the coordinator of this event?

It was a 3 day event!

NOBODY was there today.

Where is the post asking, hell, begging for somebody to be there? This is the point Mike is trying to make.

He and many others are not demanding that board members be there, but they better damn well make sure SOMEONE was there and this was not done.

I was sitting here on my ass watching my kid till I got a call from someone asking where the hell WE (MOC INC.) were.

I would have drug my lazyand my very cute kids ass's down there and maned the table if I knew no one was going to be there.

I'll say it one more time, GET ON TEAMSPEAK!

side note: I even setup a room for the board to talk in private.

I posted on March 4th that help was needed on Friday and Sunday.

I posted on March 6th that help was needed on Friday and Sunday.

I posted on March 15th and mentioned that Friday might need to be canceled and focus on Sunday where 2 or 3 more volunteers were needed to help out Viperar15.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:

I posted on March 15th and mentioned that Friday might need to be canceled and focus on Sunday where 2 or 3 more volunteers were needed to help out Viperar15.

Thank you Springer and I mean that.

But!

We obviously needed more, right?

And I'm not talking about you, but rather others.

autosurgeon

imported post

dougwg wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

But!

Please elaborate on what MORE we can do when we rely on volunteers who may just not be able to attend for whatever reason.

I am not saying there is nothing else we could have done... however at 8:30 PM when we were all tired and no one had posted they would be there Sunday do you really think we should leave MOC merchandise laying around Cabelas when non of use that were still there would be able to pick it up on Sunday?

Anyway I am tired and gonna hit the hay... work is calling at 6:00 Am :(

dougwg

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
dougwg wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

But!

Please elaborate on what MORE we can do when we rely on volunteers who may just not be able to attend for whatever reason.

I am not saying there is nothing else we could have done... however at 8:30 PM when we were all tired and no one had posted they would be there Sunday do you really think we should leave MOC merchandise laying around Cabelas when non of use that were still there would be able to pick it up on Sunday?

Anyway I am tired and gonna hit the hay... work is calling at 6:00 Am :(
[shadow=red]TEAMSPEAK ![/shadow]

dougwg

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Doug he could care less about what's going on with MOC right now this is obvious that hes sitting on the forum while everyone is in teamspeak.
_____Original Message_____
Date: 2010-03-21 23:40:30
Subject: Teamspeak

Not going there... I have had enough bashing for one night... and I think I have made it abundantly clear why I don't like Teamspeak.

FatboyCykes

imported post

dougwg wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Doug he could care less about what's going on with MOC right now this is obvious that hes sitting on the forum while everyone is in teamspeak.

Not going there... I have had enough bashing for one night... and I think I have made it abundantly clear why I don't like Teamspeak.
If, and it looks like that is a PM, bad form.

autosurgeon

imported post

dougwg wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

The part in red is a PM that I sent you Doug and you know it. Come on guys lets be adults here... why should I communicate via PM if you are going to post it in open forum?

That lowers my respect for a person when they cannot even have the courtesy to keep private messages private.

At this time you are correct OCDO does not have a RULE against posting PM's however it is common courtesy on forums to keep them privat BC otherwise it defeats the purpose of PM's.

dougwg

imported post

I know it's a pm, I got it from you. But you said it's against forum rules, which it's not which is the reason I asked for a cite :p

I was getting desperate last night, things are happening, I wanted you involved and by you saying what you did (you didn't want to get on TS) was like a 5 y/o closing their eyes and sticking their fingers in their ears while shaking their head back and forth while chanting NA NA NA NA NA I can't hear you NA NA NA NA.

See where I'm coming from?

We're supposed to be adults, we should be able to TALK.

P.S. The pm's not that big of a deal, if you like I can remove it but it's not like you gave away grandma's secret cookie recipe in it or anything...

autosurgeon

imported post

Like I said Doug I was tired and cranky and it would not have been a good time for me to get on a discuss anything :p

I needed to cool down and get some rest... Anyway while you are right it was not that gig of a deal for that particular PM it is always better to not post PM's as it defeats the purpose and the trust.

In this case leave it up or take it down.... I don't care either way as it really was more the principle of the thing...

Well I had better get back to work!

scot623

imported post

If MOC is still too small of an organization, maybe we shouldn't plan or commit to 3 day events. When we can't get the members there to staff the table, it does a lot more bad than good. I had an email and a text from a prospective member looking for MOC at Cabelas. I felt pretty bad for him that we weren't there and embarrassed for us. And don't blame the Gander Mtn. event, because that could have been avoided by not planning it the same weekend. When people say "focus on the positives", that was the attitude that bankrupted GM and Chrysler. Focusing on the negatives is how you fix them, and don't repeat them.

mikestilly

imported post

scot623 wrote:
If MOC is still too small of an organization, maybe we shouldn't plan or commit to 3 day events. When we can't get the members there to staff the table, it does a lot more bad than good. I had an email and a text from a prospective member looking for MOC at Cabelas. I felt pretty bad for him that we weren't there and embarrassed for us. And don't blame the Gander Mtn. event, because that could have been avoided by not planning it the same weekend. When people say "focus on the positives", that was the attitude that bankrupted GM and Chrysler. Focusing on the negatives is how you fix them, and don't repeat them.

+9999 couldnt have said it any better than that Rob.