Thread: Restaurant Carry?

Post imported post

I'm from Michigan and I do not have my Concealed Pistol License. I am wondering if I can legally open carry into a resaurant?

Another question. When I unload my gun to get into my car, do I just have to eject the mag and clear the barrel? Or, do I have to clear the mag and the barrel completely of ammunition?

Thank you for your responses!

Post imported post

mudvr1212 wrote:
    I'm from Michigan and I do not have my Concealed Pistol License. I am wondering if I can legally open carry into a resaurant?

Another question. When I unload my gun to get into my car, do I just have to eject the mag and clear the barrel? Or, do I have to clear the mag and the barrel completely of ammunition?
    No firearms allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol. Concealed or open carry doesn't matter.

Yes, you must empty your magazine for your gun to be considered "unloaded" per the legal definition for car transport.

Post imported post

RT48 is correct on all points.

We are working on changing the liquor license CPZ: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36676

Post imported post

RT48 wrote:
    mudvr1212 wrote:

No firearms allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol. Concealed or open carry doesn't matter.

Yes, you must empty your magazine for your gun to be considered "unloaded" per the legal definition for car transport.

So I'm pretty much stuck with loading and unloading until I get my CPL...

Can't even carry in a restaurant...WOW! My girlfriend would love that. That's one of the places she doens't want me to carry. "We're going out to dinner! Why would you need a gun there?" Never knew BG's took time-outs!!!

Your state isn't very 2A friendly, is it?

Post imported post

You can carry in restaurants, just not ones that serve alcohol. It's really not that bad here; the alcohol CPZs and "loaded mags in cars" rules are the worst of what we have to deal with as far as I've encountered.

Post imported post

Okay, thank you very much.

Anyone in the Toledo/Sylvania Area open carry? If so, good or bad experiences?

Post imported post

never mind, my reference to the safety check. I see it was repealed.

Post imported post

Mud,

Google Luby's in Texas have her read that.. she will never ask why again.