• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CA Police hopes to shoot Open Carriers, posts on Facebook

hsmith

imported post

http://kevinthomason.blogspot.com/2010/02/local-cop-advocates-shooting-law.html

East Palo Alto, CA Detective Roderick Tuason didn't realize that actual PRO-GUN people also read Facebook. Amazingly, he posted the following comment about law abiding gun owners on a friend's page. Basically, he's saying "prone them out" (on the ground), and if anyone moves, kill them. I don't make this crap up.

n1xq93.gif

Detective Roderick Tuason
650-853-7244 / 650-853-5957 / PD's anonymous tip line at 650-853-8477

This is worth a call to his boss. . .

Chief of Police: 650-853-3125
Executive Assistant to the Chief: 650-853-3155

More info:

DAVID E. WOODS - MAYOR
1058 Weeks Street, East Palo Alto, CA 94303
Phone No: (650)804-2125
davidwoods01@yahoo.com

RUBEN ABRICA (COUNSEL MEMBER)
15 Newell Rd Apt 5, East Palo Alto, CA 94303
Phone No: (650)321-4001
rubenxl@aol.com

:uhoh: Can't fix stupid.

UtahJarhead

imported post

Mayor Woods,
I am writing to you as someone who is concerned about an Officer's conduct in East Palo Alto. As indicated in this link, Rod Tuason feels he would be justified in shooting lawful citizens just to prove a point: http://kevinthomason.blogspot.com/2010/02/local-cop-advocates-shooting-law.html These ideas are not only illegal to act on, but lead to a police state due to the infectious nature of them. If the police think this way, it's ok for anybody to do so in their minds.

I do not know if you are familiar with California handgun laws, and I apologize if you already are, but it is perfectly legal for any law abiding citizen to Open Carry a holstered handgun in California. There are off-limits exceptions such as schools, mental hospitals, courthouses, etc, but it is still legal in most public areas. Mr Tuason believes that his opinion supercedes state law and says he will shoot the first open carrier that makes a wrong move while proned on the ground.

There have been a number of court decisions that carrying a firearm, fully holstered, is not RAS for being stopped much less shot by an officer. This man is a danger to the community and to the basic rights according to the Supreme Court of the land. Please seek an investigation of this officer. Judging by the other comments, Mr. Tuason is not the only officer that feels this way.

For the record, I have a permit to conceal my gun but frequently choose to open carry due to both comfort and teaching opportunities for people that don't know the legal nature of carrying for protection.

--
Molon Labe
"Come and take them"

"By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families."

TheApostle

imported post

To openly advocate killing a law abiding citizen after they were illegally stopped...

Fire him and strip him of his CA POST credentials.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TYPICAL ELITE cop mentality. Cops think that THEY are the only ones that deserve to carry a gun & it's funny when they can make your life hell or kill you for simply standing up for your right to keep and bear arms your GOD GIVEN right to carry. .... That's why I don't feel bad when the majority of cops get wasted in the line of duty somewhere. What goes around come around !!! Karma is a bitch.

UtahJarhead

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
That's why I don't feel bad when a cop get wasted in the line of duty somewhere , because he probably deserved it.
Note to the OCDO outsiders, this is *NOT* the mentality of most members of the OCDO community. Almost all cops are good people. Infrequently is there a cop with this kind of attitude. It's just the ones that scream the loudest that are heard.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

UtahJarhead wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
That's why I don't feel bad when a cop get wasted in the line of duty somewhere , because he probably deserved it.
Note to the OCDO outsiders, this is *NOT* the mentality of most members of the OCDO community. Almost all cops are good people. Infrequently is there a cop with this kind of attitude. It's just the ones that scream the loudest that are heard.
If you can't pick the good ones out of a line up, then all must be treated with the same mistrust you would give a pedophile around your child.

UtahJarhead

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
If you can't pick the good ones out of a line up, then all must be treated with the same mistrust you would give a pedophile around your child.
Guilty until proven innocent, one of the very things we loathe as 2A fans. They're treating us like we're all guilty of being violent criminals by proning us and threatening to kill us for the slightest misstep. You are wanting to do the exact same thing to them as they're doing to us.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

UtahJarhead wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Guilty until proven innocent, one of the very things we loathe as 2A fans. They're treating us like we're all guilty of being violent criminals by proning us and threatening to kill us for the slightest misstep. You are wanting to do the exact same thing to them as they're doing to us.
Fight fire with fire, if it's good for the goose, then it MUST be ok for the gander. Heck, THEY the COPS are supposed to be the ones leading by example...so, I am just following the example they are providing. to Protect & serve....yeah, themselves.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
UtahJarhead wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Fight fire with fire, if it's good for the goose, then it MUST be ok for the gander. Heck, THEY the COPS are supposed to be the ones leading by example...so, I am just following the example they are providing. to Protect & serve....yeah, themselves.

We'll win by taking the high road. When you take this attitude you make yourself, and by extension the rest of us, out to be no better than this ahole cop.

TheApostle

imported post

Glock34 stated
That's why I don't feel bad when the majority of cops get wasted in the line of duty somewhere...

This is some extremely narrow thinking. While there are some LEO's not worthy to wear the shield, there are a lot of good ones who uphold the Constitution and do not abuse the powers that they possess.

And there are enough on this forum that wear the blue that show that all LEO's are not the same.

However, you said if its good for the goose, its good for the gander. Let us apply your logic to gun owners.

If robber A has a firearm (lets make it a Glock 34), and he robs a bank, then a gun owner has just committed a serious crime.

If rapist B uses his Glock 34 to forcibly rape a female, then a gun owner just committed a serious crime.

If murderer C uses his Glock 34 to shoot his ex-spouse because she is divorcing him, a gun owner has just committed a serious crime.

And it can go on. All these "gun owners" have committed crimes that are horrific and that most members on this forum would never do. Yet the robber, rapist, and murderer meet the qualifications of a gun owner because the suspect is 1) a human being 2) in possession of a firearm.

You would protest to be stereotyped as one of these gun owners and with just cause. Yet you dance on the graves of those who died in the line of duty who were honest and decent.

Just my logic on the matter.

CarryOpen

imported post

I never feel bad when a criminal gets wasted. It's pretty terrible when a good guy gets it. Doesn't matter to me what kind of clothes he/she wears or where they work(or don't work).

Back on topic - this guy does need to be fired.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bookman wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
UtahJarhead wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

We'll win by taking the high road. When you take this attitude you make yourself, and by extension the rest of us, out to be no better than this ahole cop.
and taking the high road has gotten us all where for the last 200 years ?? I will tell you where...a place with way too many restrictive anti freedom laws, which grant the police the power to do ANYTHING they chose to. It will only get worse.so yeah...keep taking the high road, soon you will run out of breathable air.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TheApostle wrote:
Glock34 stated
That's why I don't feel bad when the majority of cops get wasted in the line of duty somewhere...

This is some extremely narrow thinking. While there are some LEO's not worthy to wear the shield, there are a lot of good ones who uphold the Constitution and do not abuse the powers that they possess.

And there are enough on this forum that wear the blue that show that all LEO's are not the same.

However, you said if its good for the goose, its good for the gander. Let us apply your logic to gun owners.

If robber A has a firearm (lets make it a Glock 34), and he robs a bank, then a gun owner has just committed a serious crime.

If rapist B uses his Glock 34 to forcibly rape a female, then a gun owner just committed a serious crime.

If murderer C uses his Glock 34 to shoot his ex-spouse because she is divorcing him, a gun owner has just committed a serious crime.

And it can go on. All these "gun owners" have committed crimes that are horrific and that most members on this forum would never do. Yet the robber, rapist, and murderer meet the qualifications of a gun owner because the suspect is 1) a human being 2) in possession of a firearm.

You would protest to be stereotyped as one of these gun owners and with just cause. Yet you dance on the graves of those who died in the line of duty who were honest and decent.

Just my logic on the matter.
hmmm.:uhoh: well seeing that I never , even hinted at using a gun in my reply. I am wondering why you are so keen on using guns to commit all these crimes. You are really painting us law abiding gun owners out to be real killers. I was talking about the police & the fact that they enjoy abusing their infinite police powers do do as they please...

TheApostle

imported post

Glock34

hmmm. well seeing that I never , even hinted at using a gun in my reply. I am wondering why you are so keen on using guns to commit all these crimes. You are really painting us law abiding gun owners out to be real killers. I was talking about the police & the fact that they enjoy abusing their infinite police powers do do as they please...

I used gun owners as a counter example. With one broad stroke, I painted all gun owners in a negative light. With one broad stroke, you painted all police officers in a negative light. Obviously not all gun owners are robbers, rapists, or murderers. All police officers are not JBTs ready to trample someone's rights.

We ask that people judge us as responsible people who possess weapons because it is our right. We must steer clear of stereotypes and judge a man or woman by his or her actions.

By their fruits, ye shall know them.

You speak in absolutes. I just ask you to give due consideration to your statements. Not every officer killed in the line of duty has violated somebody's rights or has the mentality of the aforementioned officers. They were somebody's son, daughter, husband, wife, father, mother, brother, sister who was doing their best to keep their community safe and who had no idea that some anonymous poster on OCDO was rejoicing in their blood being spilled.

*edited for grammar, not content*

fullauto223cal

imported post

I'm not putting down law enforcement, hell I'm in it, but there is a difference in mindset between one who thinks he is above his fellow man because he a COP and one who thinks that he is a servant of the people, charged with helping the helpless and bringing criminals before the Court.

I found out the hard way that carrying yourself like the latter can sometimes cause you trouble with the brass when they believe they are the former. All that being said, here is a FaceBook posting from a cop (last name removed) who looks at himself as part of the "elite".

sudden valley gunner

imported post

fullauto223cal wrote:
I'm not putting down law enforcement, hell I'm in it, but there is a difference in mindset between one who thinks he is above his fellow man because he a COP and one who thinks that he is a servant of the people, charged with helping the helpless and bringing criminals before the Court.

I found out the hard way that carrying yourself like the latter can sometimes cause you trouble with the brass when they believe they are the former. All that being said, here is a FaceBook posting from a cop (last name removed) who looks at himself as part of the "elite".
Some become cops because it pays well the training is free and they get to stroke their ego or need for power.

I am not anti LEO but we have let a "cop culture" that attracts certain type of people to these jobs. We need to start holding not only individual police but whole departments responsible for their actions and start passing specific legislation that punishes bad behavior from LEO.

The law is us, it is in our hands no matter how many times we hear " Don't take the law into your own hands". We need to make the law submit to the will of the people.

KBCraig

imported post

Sounds like Detective Roderick Tuason is exactly correct: carrying legally in EPA will get you jacked by the turds.

Oh. Wait....

UtahJarhead

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Sounds like Detective Roderick Tuason is exactly correct: carrying legally in EPA will get you jacked by the turds.

Oh. Wait....
lol, well played sir!

(Not cop hating, only the turds will jack you. Non-turds won't)