• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc litter pick up in Eugene?

Elijah

imported post

I'm thinking of trying to organize an oc litter pick up in Eugene! If this sounds like something you might like to take part in please contact me! duration of litter pick up 2 hours then maybe lunch! any ideas? Lets use this as a teaching tool not to make a point.

JBURGII

imported post

Do you have an area in mind? I live out of Santa Clara but get around the county a lot so am open.. is there an area we can 'adopt'? I have been wanting to get a more active Lane County OC contingent going...

Elijah

imported post

I was thinking maybe downtown? "area we could adopt?" like an every few months sorta deal? or adopt a "highway program"? i don't know but I'm open to ideas

JBURGII

imported post

Well, we can keep the discussion open anyway.. might come up with a plan.

I can see it now... ".. roving bands of armed citizens have been spied in the downtown area!.... CLEANING!!!"

Shoopy

imported post

Hey guys been reading your chatter for a while and thought i'd chime in.

A OC litter clean up sounds like a excelent idea, and i think downtown would be the place to it. it'd make a good statement of active citizens helping the community and would raise OC awareness. maybe 6th/7th around the core, or even broadway? wherever it ends up i'll be there with you fellas.

might alsomake some street kids think twice about mugging and intimidating the real citizens of eugene.

Ironbar

imported post

Whatever you do, just make sure you don't show up with an AK-47 pistolwith the tip painted orange, or have an AR-15 slung over your back when you enter the restaurant! LOL!

mlacey56

imported post

JBURGII wrote:
Do you have an area in mind? I live out of Santa Clara but get around the county a lot so am open.. is there an area we can 'adopt'? I have been wanting to get a more active Lane County OC contingent going...

Absolutely, any ideas on getting other Lane co's OC more active? ...I may be the only OC on the west side of Eugene...haven't seen another OC'er in days:banghead:. Sad. Ideas wise iv'e got squat. Other than carrying every day.:celebrate

Elijah

imported post

mlacey56 wrote:
JBURGII wrote:

Absolutely, any ideas on getting other Lane co's OC more active? ...I may be the only OC on the west side of Eugene...haven't seen another OC'er in days:banghead:. Sad. Ideas wise iv'e got squat. Other than carrying every day.:celebrate
I live On the West Side of Eugene so, know we are out there! are you willing to take part in an OC litter pick up?

JBURGII

imported post

I am still interested in joining a cleanup crew if we can hammer out some details. As we get more fair weather, we can get out and do a little good for the community and do a little advertising for OC.
We can invite the author of the article in the Guard that claimed we have no active open carry contingent here...

I have my own orange vest! :cool:

Orygunner

JBURGII

imported post

Hey Orygunner! I too liked the article for the most part, I saved my criticism for the good Sen. Burdick.. her office let me know she is out of state for a couple of weeks but will be glad to address my concerns upon her return.

That is the same thing I heard from Eugene Mayor Kitty Piercy's office just before she quit responding to any of my e-mail. I have messages in to Gov. Kulongoski's office as well concerning the renaming of Beltline..

Orygunner

imported post

Oh, I didn't criticize the author, I actually complimented him on a good piece, and he corrected the mistakes in the on-line version of the article almost immediately.

...Orygunner...

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Elijah wrote:
I'm thinking of trying to organize an oc litter pick up in Eugene! If this sounds like something you might like to take part in please contact me! duration of litter pick up 2 hours then maybe lunch! any ideas? Lets use this as a teaching tool not to make a point.
Great - please do get somthing simple organized and executed ASAP to counter that article saying nobody OCs in Oregon.

Somthing simple is the way to go - tons of people are not necessary - you can explain its a new civic group, and you are tryin got igure out how to get official recognition and a state sponsored sign for your group for that stretch of highway, etc. Video news clip will do he trick every time!

JBURGII

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
Oh, I didn't criticize the author, I actually complimented him on a good piece, and he corrected the mistakes in the on-line version of the article almost immediately.

...Orygunner...
:) I wasn't insinuating you criticized anyone there, sorry for any misunderstanding! I was impressed with the article and kept a good word for the author. I was offended by Sen. Burdick's statements and let her office know by e-mail..

I think I was low on coffee when I wrote that.. messes with my flow.. hehe

JBURGII

imported post

Mike wrote:
Elijah wrote:
Great - please do get somthing simple organized and executed ASAP to counter that article saying nobody OCs in Oregon.

Somthing simple is the way to go - tons of people are not necessary - you can explain its a new civic group, and you are tryin got igure out how to get official recognition and a state sponsored sign for your group for that stretch of highway, etc. Video news clip will do he trick every time!
We have some decent weather coming up according to reports.. (nudge, nudge..) :cool: