Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting in Tacoma on Sunday night

Post imported post

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22496785/detail.html

TACOMA, Wash. -- [/b]Detectives are investigating a drive-by shooting in Tacoma in which a woman was killed and a man was wounded Sunday night, reported KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.Police said shots were fired at 56th Street and Portland Avenue shortly after 10 p.m.
    Detectives said two cars were side by side at 60th Street when a man in a white Chrysler minivan started shooting into the victims' car. The woman who was driving died from her injures and her male passenger was wounded.
    Investigators collected bullet casings, took pictures and marked evidence at the crime scene, which encompassed about four blocks of Portland Avenue. They remained at the scene Monday morning.
    Police are searching for the gunman who fled north on Portland Avenue. Detectives said they don't know the motivation for the shooting and said there wasn't any kind of altercation before the gunfire erupted. The passenger, who was shot in the arm, was taken to Tacoma General Hospital.
    According to police, that man provided little information and what he did tell officers did not match witness accounts.
    Police said the victims are in their late teens or early 20s.

Post imported post

$10 says it was drug related.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

Why does it have to be drug related? why cant people just be mentally inbalanced and shoot other people? 11/29/2009 had nothing todo with drugs this guy just hated cops.

Post imported post

Well, judging from the area of town, and the fact that the guy who got shot has said very little, and even that doesn't match with what other people saw, it was probably some sort of deal gone bad. I'm willing to bet it was most likely drug and/or gang related.

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

I hate to remind you of this but i dont live more than 4 miles from there and it dosnt have to be drug or gang related for someone to shoot at someone else, all it takes its a bad temper and a firearm in the wrong hands.

Post imported post

Didn't say it absolutely had to be, just that I believe it to most likely be the case.

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

well lets just wait and see what the investigation bears out

Post imported post

Update: The van was found sometime later and it turns out it was stolen.

Seems the radio news is more up to date than the paper......

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    Update: The van was found sometime later and it turns out it was stolen.

Seems the radio news is more up to date than the paper......
    I'm assuming these aren't Law Abiding Citizens!!

Post imported post

weeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll i live on the eastside of tacoma i heard the whole thing and my heart stopped i was scared because i'm not used too these kinds of things happening here because it rarely occurs over here ! i also befor anybody ask how long have you lived here i been living here on the eastside of tacoma all my life from the time i was 2 years old and i lived in the jungles of california the most dangerous ! sooo if anybody has anything too say it's people that have lived here the longest and i'm just soooo sure it has too be drug related buhh the 3rd dude is right . there stories didn't match but at the same time he could be confused from blood loss. but it CAN be drug related nobody know's for sure . it's our differrent opinions.

Post imported post

naee253 wrote:
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll i live on the eastside of tacoma i heard the whole thing and my heart stopped i was scared because i'm not used too these kinds of things happening here because it rarely occurs over here ! i also befor anybody ask how long have you lived here i been living here on the eastside of tacoma all my life from the time i was 2 years old and i lived in the jungles of california the most dangerous ! sooo if anybody has anything too say it's people that have lived here the longest and i'm just soooo sure it has too be drug related buhh the 3rd dude is right . there stories didn't match but at the same time he could be confused from blood loss. but it CAN be drug related nobody know's for sure . it's our differrent opinions.
    I've been in tacoma for 7 years so i think by your standards gives me the right to put in my 2 cents

Post imported post

MISTAKEN IDENTITY ! thats wat lead upp to the shooting !

Post imported post

were did u get that information?

Post imported post

naee253 wrote:
    BIG RED ALL CAPS LETTERS! Cuz then what I say matters.

Read the forum rules. ETA: Oh, and welcome to OCDO.

Post imported post

kito109654 wrote:
    naee253 wrote:
    BIG RED ALL CAPS LETTERS! Cuz then what I say matters.

Read the forum rules.
    ha ha thats classic wait till someone realizes the louder you scream the less we pay attention then its off to the troll farm for ya.....

Post imported post

Off to the troll farm, eh? Hope he wants some time to bond with BooBoo.

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

I am sure they will be the BEST of friends..... Sheep beware

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

A friend of mine asked where is the good side and bad side of the tracks in Tacoma he was thinking of moving there. I told him there is no good side.:P
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

The brother and sister that were shot are close-friends of a close-friend. This was NOT drug related.

Post imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    The brother and sister that were shot are close-friends of a close-friend. This was NOT drug related.
    I am getting really tired of people assuming just because someone gets shot its drug or gang related

Post imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
    G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    I am getting really tired of people assuming just because someone gets shot its drug or gang related
    +1.

From what I've been told, Camille made a minor traffic mistake in front of the wrong person, at the wrong time. That's it. No drugs, no prostitutes, no love triangles, just road rage.This is not a case of the "criminals killing off other criminals." I pray for the family and the others affected, and pray that we catch the monster that did this before he does it again.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    jarhead1055 wrote:
    G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    +1.

From what I've been told, Camille made a minor traffic mistake in front of the wrong person, at the wrong time. That's it. No drugs, no prostitutes, no love triangles, just road rage.This is not a case of the "criminals killing off other criminals." I pray for the family and the others affected, and pray that we catch the monster that did this before he does it again.
    +1 Hope they get this guy.

Who wants to bet that whoever did this shooting probably isn't legally allowed to have firearms.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

im in total agreement that whoever shot them is not legally allowed to own a firearm yet the anti's will still try and use it against us good law abiding folks

Regular Member Chris.R.Anderson's Avatar

Post imported post

Shooting someone over minor traffic crap? ....I just don't understand how a person can become so evil (that's right I used that 4 letter word) that they would think nothing of taking a life for something that probably didn't even inconvenience them, let alone constitute a purposeful threat to their life or that of another near them.

God help us all.

CRA
    “The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.” -- Ronald Reagan

Post imported post

Chris.R.Anderson wrote:
    Shooting someone over minor traffic crap? ....I just don't understand how a person can become so evil
    You see, it's the image of "reputation" and "respect" and "cred on the streets" that do this. And of course no one goes away unharmed after disrespecting a gangsta on daaaa streetzzz.

Look at what happened to that girl that threw up in that cholo's car. Stabbed with a screwdriver and drowned. I think last I read, he's looking at 14 years.....Oh boy, even more "cred on da streetz" once he gets out. Then he'll get more cocky, and more people will get hurt over little things that "disrespect" him.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast