• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting in Tacoma on Sunday night

swatspyder

imported post

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22496785/detail.html

TACOMA, Wash. -- [/b]Detectives are investigating a drive-by shooting in Tacoma in which a woman was killed and a man was wounded Sunday night, reported KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.Police said shots were fired at 56th Street and Portland Avenue shortly after 10 p.m.
Detectives said two cars were side by side at 60th Street when a man in a white Chrysler minivan started shooting into the victims' car. The woman who was driving died from her injures and her male passenger was wounded.
Investigators collected bullet casings, took pictures and marked evidence at the crime scene, which encompassed about four blocks of Portland Avenue. They remained at the scene Monday morning.
Police are searching for the gunman who fled north on Portland Avenue. Detectives said they don't know the motivation for the shooting and said there wasn't any kind of altercation before the gunfire erupted. The passenger, who was shot in the arm, was taken to Tacoma General Hospital.
According to police, that man provided little information and what he did tell officers did not match witness accounts.
Police said the victims are in their late teens or early 20s.

jarhead1911A

imported post

Why does it have to be drug related? why cant people just be mentally inbalanced and shoot other people? 11/29/2009 had nothing todo with drugs this guy just hated cops.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Well, judging from the area of town, and the fact that the guy who got shot has said very little, and even that doesn't match with what other people saw, it was probably some sort of deal gone bad. I'm willing to bet it was most likely drug and/or gang related.

jarhead1911A

imported post

I hate to remind you of this but i dont live more than 4 miles from there and it dosnt have to be drug or gang related for someone to shoot at someone else, all it takes its a bad temper and a firearm in the wrong hands.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Update: The van was found sometime later and it turns out it was stolen.

Seems the radio news is more up to date than the paper......

Just Us

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Update: The van was found sometime later and it turns out it was stolen.

Seems the radio news is more up to date than the paper......
I'm assuming these aren't Law Abiding Citizens!!

naee253

imported post

weeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll i live on the eastside of tacoma i heard the whole thing and my heart stopped i was scared because i'm not used too these kinds of things happening here because it rarely occurs over here ! i also befor anybody ask how long have you lived here i been living here on the eastside of tacoma all my life from the time i was 2 years old and i lived in the jungles of california the most dangerous ! sooo if anybody has anything too say it's people that have lived here the longest and i'm just soooo sure it has too be drug related buhh the 3rd dude is right . there stories didn't match but at the same time he could be confused from blood loss. but it CAN be drug related nobody know's for sure . it's our differrent opinions.

jarhead1911A

imported post

naee253 wrote:
weeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll i live on the eastside of tacoma i heard the whole thing and my heart stopped i was scared because i'm not used too these kinds of things happening here because it rarely occurs over here ! i also befor anybody ask how long have you lived here i been living here on the eastside of tacoma all my life from the time i was 2 years old and i lived in the jungles of california the most dangerous ! sooo if anybody has anything too say it's people that have lived here the longest and i'm just soooo sure it has too be drug related buhh the 3rd dude is right . there stories didn't match but at the same time he could be confused from blood loss. but it CAN be drug related nobody know's for sure . it's our differrent opinions.
I've been in tacoma for 7 years so i think by your standards gives me the right to put in my 2 cents

jarhead1911A

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
naee253 wrote:
MISTAKEN IDENTITY ! thats wat lead upp to the shooting !

BIG RED ALL CAPS LETTERS! Cuz then what I say matters.

Read the forum rules.
ha ha thats classic wait till someone realizes the louder you scream the less we pay attention then its off to the troll farm for ya.....

sudden valley gunner

imported post

A friend of mine asked where is the good side and bad side of the tracks in Tacoma he was thinking of moving there. I told him there is no good side.:p

jarhead1911A

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
The brother and sister that were shot are close-friends of a close-friend. This was NOT drug related.
I am getting really tired of people assuming just because someone gets shot its drug or gang related