• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taking a road trip down to Florida

EM87

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Do you both have a CPL? Is he from MI?

as for how this would be treated in the other states that will require further digging.

He does not have a CPL. Yes, he's from MI. His revolver is registered to him in MI.

CV67PAT wrote:
EM87 wrote:
The no OC in FL thing reminds me of another question. Is there anywhere I can find information on whether I can CC someone else's firearm? Not just in FL, but for all the states on the way down.

My friend has a small revolver which would be much easier to CC than my full-sized GLOCK.
Florida does not have any sort of handgun registration, so you can posses any lawfully obtained pistol.

You could consider one of the dedicated pistol fanny packs that have velcro closures for easy access.

Thanks for the info! Do you know where I can find the answer to my question for other states?

G

imported post

I always look through the individual state's sections right here on OCDO.

Generally I find either the info or references to it.

This is the premiere site for open carry information.