Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you have done if this happened to you?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

This was sent me by a friend of mine. The video has some foul language so keep that in mind when you watch it or turn your volume down. It is in the Virginia forum so people can answer what they would do if this happened to them in Virginia.

I know what I would have done. What I am not sure about is what I would have done (besides observe and report) if I was a witness. How bout you guys?

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2010/02/08/what-would-you-do-to-this-dirtbag/#video
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    This was sent me by a friend of mine. The video has some foul language so keep that in mind when you watch it or turn your volume down. It is in the Virginia forum so people can answer what they would do if this happened to them in Virginia.

I know what I would have done. What I am not sure about is what I would have done (besides observe and report) if I was a witness. How bout you guys?

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2010/02/08/what-would-you-do-to-this-dirtbag/#video
    Was that Sailor Bob?:shock:

Post imported post

I would have shot the bastard as soon as he was about to smash in the drivers side window.

Post imported post

100% dead as soon as he swung on the drivers door

Post imported post

Coolman wrote:
    100% dead as soon as he swung on the drivers door
    ^^^ That.

:shock:
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

IF anyone else had been in the car with me I would have shot as soon as he smashed the first window

Post imported post

I like the front site newsletters and video blog. Very educational, eye-opening and thought provoking.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Post imported post

A quote from his mother in the obituary section "...he was such a nice young man trying to change his life and make things better for himself, allhe was trying to do was cross the street in traffic, why did that person have to shoot him dead like that?"

LMAO!!!!

Post imported post

My first course of action would have been to drive over top of him when he was in front of my car. Next move would have been to evaluate the effectiveness of the first move and take action accordingly.

This clip is from a video called Bumfights 3. It was a setup for the a$$hat that made money from filming homeless people fighting (note the crow bar was conveniently placed by the newspaper box). I believe this video got the producer put in jail. I won't post a link as part of the video would be found offensive by some, but do a google on bumfights 3 and you will find it.

Post imported post

there are 4-1 odds that if I am in the car I have one or more children with me age 8 and below, strapped in car seats...

the second he starts beating on the car near any of my kids he dies

there is a fairly good chance my wife is in the passenger seat as well

if that's the case, its a question of who can draw first...me or her.....

EDIT: and the more I think about it, if I have the kids in the car, the second he approaches my driver's side I'm shooting...

I don't know at that point if he intends to take the car, or try and disable me

and with 2 young children, I can't take that chance

Post imported post

So much for what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Post imported post

Just adding to the conversation... does the noise factor come into play here? Firing any sort of a self-defense capable handgun within the confines of a vehicle could very well result in permanent hearing damage to yourself and others in the car with you.

Certainly, deaf is better than dead, but does this enter into your decision process?

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Certainly, deaf is better than dead, but does this enter into your decision process?
    Your hearing will return, so... no.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Just adding to the conversation... does the noise factor come into play here? Firing any sort of a self-defense capable handgun within the confines of a vehicle could very well result in permanent hearing damage to yourself and others in the car with you.

TFred
    Pinning him to the car in front of me (ie. foot off brake, on gas) is pretty quite. I don't know how his knees will feel in the morning, but that's not my problem.

Post imported post

Well he was beating on the car and didn't make an attempt to enter the vehicle or grab anyone in the vehicle. So since the vehicle was stuck in traffic I may have gotten out of the vehicle and drawn telling him to drop the weapon. Whether he complied or not would determine if he lived or not.

If he had tried to grab me or my family it would have been bang,bang,bang.

Post imported post

I would have put a couple of rounds through my drivers side window:shock: Also I would have to hold back from getting out of the car and beating him with his own crowbar for destroying my M3

Post imported post

The location is the Las Vegas Strip near Sahara Avenue. For those of you who are not familiar with the location it is very crowded as indicated by the traffic. Dozens of people in vehicles and walking in every direction.

You might get one and only one clear shot. In broad daylight I doubt it. At that close range it would have to be at best a direct head shot or one straight to the center of the chest.

Post imported post

So another question is what would you do if he was beating the car.... in front of you?

I have seen some on this board say they wouldn't do anything since it wasn't their fight. I believe that if he started beating on a person I would have to intervene.

Post imported post

No need to waste ammo. Hit the gas, run him over, and see if that takes the fight out of him.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
    So another question is what would you do if he was beating the car.... in front of you?

I have seen some on this board say they wouldn't do anything since it wasn't their fight. I believe that if he started beating on a person I would have to intervene.
    I think so too.. in this case there were PLENTY of witnesses too. While maybe not the smartest move.. I would have probably gotten out and told him to stop. In which case I would either expect him to stop, keep going, run or come after me.. In THREE of those he stops beating on the car... if he comes towards me, I drop him.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

" I was in fear for my life and/or seriously bodily injury. I shot the man to stop and control the situation. I'll corporate fully officer/detective with all your questioning but as I'm a bit unerved I think it wise to have a lawyer present for additional questions."

Then shut the F up until your lawyer arrives.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    " I was in fear for my life and/or seriously bodily injury. I shot the man to stop and control the situation. I'll corporate fully officer/detective with all your questioning but as I'm a bit unerved I think it wise to have a lawyer present for additional questions."

Then shut the F up until your lawyer arrives.
    I would rather use the car and run the beeper over. Even if I miss (or hit and the HP fails to expand) less likely to kill a bystander.
    "Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'"- Phelps Adams

Post imported post

Who really knows until you are in that situation.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

I am constantly amazed at what some posters say (even in jest) as to what or how they would do something involving use of deadly force..

I assure you that both my hard drive and this site are clean of any possible thoughts that could be misconstrued as evidence against me concerning such use of force.

I hope that I am never forced into that position. I do not want my words to haunt me if I am.

That is why I do NOT like or condone the "What would you do?" question format.
    As a training scenario - good. As a discussion topic wherein too much detail is given - not good. ymmv

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

lax wrote:
    No need to waste ammo. Hit the gas, run him over, and see if that takes the fight out of him.
    +1 sir. He gives you the perfect opportunity by going right in front of the car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast