• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would you have done if this happened to you?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

This was sent me by a friend of mine. The video has some foul language so keep that in mind when you watch it or turn your volume down. It is in the Virginia forum so people can answer what they would do if this happened to them in Virginia.

I know what I would have done. What I am not sure about is what I would have done (besides observe and report) if I was a witness. How bout you guys?

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2010/02/08/what-would-you-do-to-this-dirtbag/#video

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ed wrote:
This was sent me by a friend of mine. The video has some foul language so keep that in mind when you watch it or turn your volume down. It is in the Virginia forum so people can answer what they would do if this happened to them in Virginia.

I know what I would have done. What I am not sure about is what I would have done (besides observe and report) if I was a witness. How bout you guys?

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2010/02/08/what-would-you-do-to-this-dirtbag/#video

Was that Sailor Bob?:shock:

Coolman

imported post

IF anyone else had been in the car with me I would have shot as soon as he smashed the first window

DocDaddy

imported post

A quote from his mother in the obituary section "...he was such a nice young man trying to change his life and make things better for himself, allhe was trying to do was cross the street in traffic, why did that person have to shoot him dead like that?"

LMAO!!!!

buster81

imported post

My first course of action would have been to drive over top of him when he was in front of my car. Next move would have been to evaluate the effectiveness of the first move and take action accordingly.

This clip is from a video called Bumfights 3. It was a setup for the a$$hat that made money from filming homeless people fighting (note the crow bar was conveniently placed by the newspaper box). I believe this video got the producer put in jail. I won't post a link as part of the video would be found offensive by some, but do a google on bumfights 3 and you will find it.

trio

imported post

there are 4-1 odds that if I am in the car I have one or more children with me age 8 and below, strapped in car seats...

the second he starts beating on the car near any of my kids he dies

there is a fairly good chance my wife is in the passenger seat as well

if that's the case, its a question of who can draw first...me or her.....

EDIT: and the more I think about it, if I have the kids in the car, the second he approaches my driver's side I'm shooting...

I don't know at that point if he intends to take the car, or try and disable me

and with 2 young children, I can't take that chance

TFred

imported post

Just adding to the conversation... does the noise factor come into play here? Firing any sort of a self-defense capable handgun within the confines of a vehicle could very well result in permanent hearing damage to yourself and others in the car with you.

Certainly, deaf is better than dead, but does this enter into your decision process?

TFred

buster81

imported post

TFred wrote:
Just adding to the conversation... does the noise factor come into play here? Firing any sort of a self-defense capable handgun within the confines of a vehicle could very well result in permanent hearing damage to yourself and others in the car with you.

Certainly, deaf is better than dead, but does this enter into your decision process?

TFred
Pinning him to the car in front of me (ie. foot off brake, on gas) is pretty quite. I don't know how his knees will feel in the morning, but that's not my problem.

45acpForMe

imported post

Well he was beating on the car and didn't make an attempt to enter the vehicle or grab anyone in the vehicle. So since the vehicle was stuck in traffic I may have gotten out of the vehicle and drawn telling him to drop the weapon. Whether he complied or not would determine if he lived or not.

If he had tried to grab me or my family it would have been bang,bang,bang.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I would have put a couple of rounds through my drivers side window:shock: Also I would have to hold back from getting out of the car and beating him with his own crowbar for destroying my M3:banghead:

kenny

imported post

The location is the Las Vegas Strip near Sahara Avenue. For those of you who are not familiar with the location it is very crowded as indicated by the traffic. Dozens of people in vehicles and walking in every direction.

You might get one and only one clear shot. In broad daylight I doubt it. At that close range it would have to be at best a direct head shot or one straight to the center of the chest.

45acpForMe

imported post

So another question is what would you do if he was beating the car.... in front of you?

I have seen some on this board say they wouldn't do anything since it wasn't their fight. I believe that if he started beating on a person I would have to intervene.

lax

imported post

No need to waste ammo. Hit the gas, run him over, and see if that takes the fight out of him.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
So another question is what would you do if he was beating the car.... in front of you?

I have seen some on this board say they wouldn't do anything since it wasn't their fight. I believe that if he started beating on a person I would have to intervene.
I think so too.. in this case there were PLENTY of witnesses too. While maybe not the smartest move.. I would have probably gotten out and told him to stop. In which case I would either expect him to stop, keep going, run or come after me.. In THREE of those he stops beating on the car... if he comes towards me, I drop him.