• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would you have done if this happened to you?

ChinChin

imported post

" I was in fear for my life and/or seriously bodily injury. I shot the man to stop and control the situation. I'll corporate fully officer/detective with all your questioning but as I'm a bit unerved I think it wise to have a lawyer present for additional questions."

Then shut the F up until your lawyer arrives.

Hokie

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

ChinChin wrote:
" I was in fear for my life and/or seriously bodily injury. I shot the man to stop and control the situation. I'll corporate fully officer/detective with all your questioning but as I'm a bit unerved I think it wise to have a lawyer present for additional questions."

Then shut the F up until your lawyer arrives.
I would rather use the car and run the beeper over. Even if I miss (or hit and the HP fails to expand) less likely to kill a bystander.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I am constantly amazed at what some posters say (even in jest) as to what or how they would do something involving use of deadly force..

I assure you that both my hard drive and this site are clean of any possible thoughts that could be misconstrued as evidence against me concerning such use of force.

I hope that I am never forced into that position. I do not want my words to haunt me if I am.

That is why I do NOT like or condone the "What would you do?" question format.
As a training scenario - good. As a discussion topic wherein too much detail is given - not good. ymmv

Yata hey

TFred

imported post

I don't really understand the point of the first half of the video. The driver of the car didn't hear or see any of that. If this is supposed to be a training video for someone driving a car and being attacked while stuck in traffic, what purpose did showing that part serve?

TFred

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

buster81 wrote:
My first course of action would have been to drive over top of him when he was in front of my car. Next move would have been to evaluate the effectiveness of the first move and take action accordingly.

...Stuff...
He'd be nursing two broken legs from when I ran over his ass. I was in a situation similar to that. If my guy had not had his boss call him off, I was rolling over him when the car in front of me moved through the light.

buster81

imported post

TFred wrote:
I don't really understand the point of the first half of the video. The driver of the car didn't hear or see any of that. If this is supposed to be a training video for someone driving a car and being attacked while stuck in traffic, what purpose did showing that part serve?

TFred

It's an interview of this guy for a film called Bumfights 3. Basically this a-hole interviews homeless people, talks them into fighting each other and films it. They are usually drunk and he seems to think it's funny.

As you can see, he talks them into doing other things as well. I think he went to jail for making this video.

aquinob1

imported post

Wtaching this video makes me very angry. In the very least, if I didn't own a gun I would have ran his ass over. I would highly suggest everyone bookmark the link. I have a friend that questioned my carrying. Think i'll send her this clip with a note.

Makes you think long and hard though. I know it makes me think about the several instances that I left my weapon at home for one reason or another. Never again.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
I am constantly amazed at what some posters say (even in jest) as to what or how they would do something involving use of deadly force..

I assure you that both my hard drive and this site are clean of any possible thoughts that could be misconstrued as evidence against me concerning such use of force.

I hope that I am never forced into that position.  I do not want my words to haunt me if I am. 

As a training scenario - good. As a discussion topic wherein too much detail is given - not good.  ymmv

Yata hey

Wise words. Some of you need to heed them.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

I hope that I am never forced into that position. I do not want my words to haunt me if I am.

As a training scenario - good. As a discussion topic wherein too much detail is given - not good. ymmv

Yata hey

Wise words. Some of you need to heed them.
+1

tcmech

imported post

If I was in the car with a loved one and stuck in the traffic I would definitely use the gun. If I was not in the car and it looked like nothing but property damage going on I would probably just use the cell phone. Any thing else I would just have to wait and see what happens when I am actually in that situation.