• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attn: Mr. Greg or anyone who attended Greenfield OC Picnic last year

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Does anyone have a copy of the letter referenced in this thread.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/24831-13.html

Well, I'm home now, made the 10 hour drive yesterday. Unfortunately, I was an hour late to miss yesterday's events...

A Greenfield Police Officer showed up at the door when I had just passed Madison and left a letter stating they are aware of the picnic, and that it "should not attract" their attention, unless it "causes fear and disorder" in the neighborhood. They also cited Wisconsin state statues pertaining to firearms.

There was no mention of Greenfield ordinances, nor any threat if we should continue with the picnic plans, just the note that if the picnic "causes fear or disorder," they will respond. Of course, if such a response occurs, we will politely remind Police that our carrying is perfectly lawful, and that we have the right to carry openly on private property. Obviously, neighbors being offended by us exercising a lawful activity does not make our lawful activity disorderly.

I'll have the copies of the letter out for everyone to see next Monday.

If not, does anyone have (other than pm) a way to contact Mr. Greg? I know he goes to school in ND.

PM's don't work to my username because there is a comma in it. you can email me at nik@wisconsincarry.org

bigdaddy1

imported post

I remember reading the copy at the picnic, but dont remember what happened to it afterwards.

Hope MrGreg has luck finding it

Mr. Greg

Campaign Veteran
imported post

They gave three of them to us, one addressed to myself and one to each of my parents. Mine is AWOL since my recent move to a new place up here, but I know my parents have theirs lying around somewhere. My father has his mounted in the garage, that I know for sure.