• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Democracy and Gun Owners

Judge.410

imported post

Sorry, everyone, just tried to bring this up again and it won't go through. It was sent to me via e-mail and I tried to pass it on.....maybe you'll have better luck than I.

protector84

imported post

Let the UN or whoever try to take Americans' guns away. The first house each enforcer of the gun ban knocks on will be the last one.

protector84

imported post

[Rural farm house in Texas]

KNOCK! KNOCK!

[door opens]

UN: Sir, [flashes badge] I'm from the United Nations here to confiscate your weapons and ammo under international law.

Homeowner: Ok, would you like me to hand you the guns first or the ammo first?

UN: Doesn't matter. You just hand it all to me.

Homeowner: Ok, I'll give you the ammo first.

BANG!

Personally, anyone who does not respect America's sovereignty or her Constitution and Bill of Rights who decides to do this deserves the above response. This is exactly what our Founding Fathers would do. Any such supporters of any actions are traitors to the United States and any such acts should be treated as treason and associated parties should be hanged. DON'T TREAD ON ME. Any overt act to confiscate Americans' firearms should be grounds for another American Revolution.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

protector84 wrote:

KNOCK! KNOCK!

[door opens]

UN: Sir, [flashes badge] I'm from the United Nations here to confiscate your weapons and ammo under international law.

BANG!

Personally, anyone who does not respect America's sovereignty or her Constitution and Bill of Rights who decides to do this deserves the above response. This is exactly what our Founding Fathers would do. Any such supporters of any actions are traitors to the United States and any such acts should be treated as treason and associated parties should be hanged. DON'T TREAD ON ME. Any overt act to confiscate Americans' firearms should be grounds for another American Revolution.
:exclaim:

100% to that.

AZkopper

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
protector84 wrote:

KNOCK! KNOCK!

[door opens]

BANG!

:exclaim:

100% to that.

another +100% to that.

It is my understanding that my agency already has discussed this at a brass level, and that was the concensus.

SouthernBoy

imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
Is this what you were trying to link to?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMeDmV0ufU

Also, thank you for pointing out we're not a Democracy.. We're a Republic. A very VERY important thing to know, and comprehend.
Benjamin Franklin made a great quote about democracies.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"

SouthernBoy

imported post

The concept of treaties, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights presents a paradox of a kind to our government and the people.

The president, as well as all members of both houses of congress, take an oath of allegiance to the Constitution; to uphold, support, and defend this hallowed document. This is pure and simple and along with this comes the expected commitment of these elected officials to adhere to its constructs and its guidelines without question.

The Bill of Rights is an entirely different document and is an absolute. None of the amendments of the Bill of Rights is amendable. This means that the Second Amendment cannot be repealed. Such a thing would be as absurd were it the First Amendment or any of the other ten amendments which comprise the Bill of Rights. They are cast in stone and untouchable.

So we have a dilemma. The Constitution permits our government to enter into treaties and as such, they become law. However, any treaty which is in violation of the Constitution cannot be entered into, nor can it be legal in any respect. And when we introduce the Bill of Rights into the picture, the problem with questionable treaties broadens significantly because the Constitution cannot violate the Bill of Rights.

These are our protections against despots both inside and outside of our nation. However, because of our generationally creeping acquiescence, these evils can seep into our system and become our undoing.

I would rather see our country enter into open armed rebellion than to relinquish our rights and surrender our arms. I'd rather blood run in the streets than to see us become another European entity. For when the day comes that Americans must surrender their arms, our country will have already passed the point of being America.

Judge.410

imported post

"TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS" I believe myself that when and if this takes place, it will be with U.N. troops that aren't AMERICANS.....I will have no problem pulling the trigger on the invaders of our sovereign nation. I was still unable to bring this in, but I was able to go back to the e-mail and watch it again.....MAKES ME BOIL!!!! I always knew the U.N. was bad for us...U.S.!!! Invest in precious metals.....LEAD!

protector84

imported post

I can't picture local or state police in most jurisdictions even attempting to enforce any such confiscation or registration. Instead, it would be attempted either by UN troops or special forces working under the control of the President. It may work in parts of California or New York but I doubt it would work in most other places. I can't picture small conservative towns throughout the country tolerating it. In fact, most of the local sheriffs would probably stand with the people and encourage the resistance.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I would consider any UN 'trooper' an invader and repel them accordingly. I don't care who let 'em in. This isn't false bravado... The 'war' will start here.

45acpForMe

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I would consider any UN 'trooper' an invader and repel them accordingly. I don't care who let 'em in. This isn't false bravado... The 'war' will start here.

I agree but they won't call you to let you know they are coming. First they start withsmall steps, registration, taxes, more laws restricting guns, etc until you are a criminal for basically owning a gun. If they ever decide to go as far as confiscation it will be either a no-knock warrant at 3am or grabbing your kids at school for "their" safety, thencome and grab your guns, threateningyou abouteverseeing your kids again. The other option is simply to raid your home when they see you leave. That way all the guns are gone before you come back.

The first targeted people for confiscation won't stand a chance against swat teams wearing body armor and toting fully auto weapons. (personally why I think we should NOT be limited from having class III weaponsin any way) It is the rest of us when we hear or see it beginning that need to come to their aid. After all if we don't help them eventually we will be the ones targeted. Of course the sheeple will be told that we are criminals and the guns are being confiscated for their safety.

Edited to add: I love this picture.