Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Downtown Royal Oak OC Dinner 2/13 @ 6PM

Post imported post

Havent ate there in a while ... Damn good food..

2/13 Saturday @ 6 PM
    Memphis Smoke
    100 South Main
    Royal Oak, MI 48067

*CPL Holders only can OC because they serve alcohol.

Post imported post

How about 2/13?
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Mike you mean February correct

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Sorry been waiting here in the Dr office for 2 hrs brain has become numb. Yes feb not jan.

Can anyone fix the topic???

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Have you ran this by the owner?

More details would be nice.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Sorry been waiting here in the Dr office for 2 hrs brain has become numb. Yes feb not jan.

Can anyone fix the topic???
    Really not necessary, you corrected the error in the OP and members will take notice.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Why?

Are we going to start seeking prior approval for going out to dinner?

Maybe we should find out if the owner will object to foreign cars in his parking lot.

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    dougwg wrote:
    Why?

Maybe we should find out if the owner will object to foreign cars in his parking lot.
    CV, I think Doug is talking about having the error fixed in the topic title.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    dougwg wrote:
    Why?

I was wondering what he wants run by the owner.

Post imported post

The food is definitely good, and I'd love to go, but I won't know if I can until that same day, because I already know for a fact I will have to work. Question is how long it will take.

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    No, I bet he meant asking the owner of the restaurant about permission for us to go there whilst OCing. Worth doing, because I believe they're a liquor license holding establishment, and non CPL holders would need permission to carry there. But even if we don't get permission or even get kicked out, it IS Royal Oak we're talking about. There are quite a few other restaurants near by.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Good note

*CPL Holders only can OC because they serve alcohol.

I'd rather not call and if they tell us to leave there are a long list of other great restaurants within walking distance. Mmmmm very good Mexican very close but I have a strong feeling we wont be asked to leave.

Post imported post

Correct me if I am wrong...

The only reason a CPL holder would have to open carry there, is if more than 50% of their sales came from alcohol. Is this a restaurant that would fall under this?

Obviously, if the restaurant has the liquor license, then a non-cpl holder, wouldn't be able to carry with out permission...

Not sure if I will be able to make it or not, will have to check to see how far away, and my school work load...

Post imported post

yay that was my 1000s post up there!!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

A person with a CPL can conceal or open carry in a restaurant. In a bar (>50% alcohol) a CPL holder must open carry. Without a CPL a person cannot enter any establishment that sells alcohol while open carrying without the owners permission.

It's about a 15 minute drive from Farmington Hills. I used to live between 12 & 13 off of Drake Rd.

Post imported post

So, technically, (not that we would at an open carry meet ) a CPL holder could conceal at this restaurant...

If it is that close, then hopefully I can make it... Been itching for an open carry meet lately!!

Post imported post

tygereye wrote:
    So, technically, (not that we would at an open carry meet ) a CPL holder could conceal at this restaurant...

If it is that close, then hopefully I can make it...* Been itching for an open carry meet lately!!
    Me too! After Battle Creek been definitely looking forward to the next one. I'll be there with the family and hopefully we'll have a good turnout.

~Mike

Post imported post

tygereye wrote:
    Correct me if I am wrong...*

The only reason a CPL holder would have to open carry there, is if more than 50% of their sales came from alcohol.* Is this a restaurant that would fall under this?

Obviously, if the restaurant has the liquor license, then a non-cpl holder, wouldn't be able to carry with out permission...

Not sure if I will be able to make it or not, will have to check to see how far away, and my school work load...*
    The reason Mike says that only CPL holders can carry is because you can't OC anywhere that sells alcohol unless you have a CPL. You can still CC if the primary source of income is not alcohol sold by the glass to be consumed on the premises.

Mike, it's not 50%. It's the primary source of income, which could be less than 50%.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    tygereye wrote:
    Correct me if I am wrong...

The only reason a CPL holder would have to open carry there, is if more than 50% of their sales came from alcohol. Is this a restaurant that would fall under this?

Not sure if I will be able to make it or not, will have to check to see how far away, and my school work load...
    The reason Mike says that only CPL holders can carry is because you can't OC anywhere that sells alcohol unless you have a CPL. You can still CC if the primary source of income is not alcohol sold by the glass to be consumed on the premises.

Mike, it's not 50%. It's the primary source of income, which could be less than 50%.
    That is what I thought, thanks, except for the 50% correction...

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    tygereye wrote:
    Correct me if I am wrong...*

The only reason a CPL holder would have to open carry there, is if more than 50% of their sales came from alcohol.* Is this a restaurant that would fall under this?

Not sure if I will be able to make it or not, will have to check to see how far away, and my school work load...*

That can be true. All depends on the rest of the sources that are in comparison with alcohol. I use the general rule if it looks like bar it's a bar and a restaurant is pretty obvious and when in doubt open carry if you're not already

Post imported post

Bump

Post imported post

bump

Post imported post

Is this a MOC event.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    Is this a MOC event.
    I don't see it to be one. Looks like you're the first to even mention MOC.

Post imported post

Unless you are planning to have a large group IE 8 or more I would not see a reason to get permission first. (Others of the coordinators feel free to chime in)

And generally these informal meet and eats are not sponsored by MOC although MOC members and even officers may attend.

So far most MOC sponsored events involve an information booth or planned march or something of that nature. They also quite often include the news media.

One of the things that we are working on is a set of guidelines for MOC sponsored events so that everyone will know which we are dealing with and when it may be advisable to inform property owners and seek permission for certain types of events.

In this case as long as it does not become so large as to require special accommodations by the facility then I see no reason to seek permission.

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    In this case as long as it does not become so large as to require special accommodations by the facility then I see no reason to seek permission.
    I know you said events are being discussed, but what happens if an event (such as this one)is organized and is not technically an MOC event, but ends up getting 8+ people to attend, and permission is denied? Then what? Just curious, as these are things that should be brought up and thought about.

Post imported post

Why this "permission" stuff?

If the group is on the large side, call for a table.

Then go. If turned away at the door, go somewhere else.

I am not for asking for permission to do anything.

Let the property owner/agent see that there is no threat instead of giving him a "visual" by which to make a decision.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast