• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Downtown Royal Oak OC Dinner 2/13 @ 6PM

mikestilly

imported post

Havent ate there in a while ... Damn good food..

2/13 Saturday @ 6 PM
Memphis Smoke
100 South Main
Royal Oak, MI 48067

*CPL Holders only can OC because they serve alcohol.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Mike you mean February correct

Sorry been waiting here in the Dr office for 2 hrs brain has become numb. Yes feb not jan.

Can anyone fix the topic???
Really not necessary, you corrected the error in the OP and members will take notice.

G

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Have you ran this by the owner?
Why?

Are we going to start seeking prior approval for going out to dinner?

Maybe we should find out if the owner will object to foreign cars in his parking lot.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
dougwg wrote:
Why?

Maybe we should find out if the owner will object to foreign cars in his parking lot.
CV, I think Doug is talking about having the error fixed in the topic title.

G

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
dougwg wrote:
Why?

I was wondering what he wants run by the owner.

Michigander

imported post

The food is definitely good, and I'd love to go, but I won't know if I can until that same day, because I already know for a fact I will have to work. Question is how long it will take.

SpringerXDacp wrote:
No, I bet he meant asking the owner of the restaurant about permission for us to go there whilst OCing. Worth doing, because I believe they're a liquor license holding establishment, and non CPL holders would need permission to carry there. But even if we don't get permission or even get kicked out, it IS Royal Oak we're talking about. There are quite a few other restaurants near by.

mikestilly

imported post

Good note

*CPL Holders only can OC because they serve alcohol.

I'd rather not call and if they tell us to leave there are a long list of other great restaurants within walking distance. Mmmmm very good Mexican very close but I have a strong feeling we wont be asked to leave.

tygereye

imported post

Correct me if I am wrong...

The only reason a CPL holder would have to open carry there, is if more than 50% of their sales came from alcohol. Is this a restaurant that would fall under this?

Obviously, if the restaurant has the liquor license, then a non-cpl holder, wouldn't be able to carry with out permission...

Not sure if I will be able to make it or not, will have to check to see how far away, and my school work load... :)

mikestilly

imported post

yay that was my 1000s post up there!!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

A person with a CPL can conceal or open carry in a restaurant. In a bar (>50% alcohol) a CPL holder must open carry. Without a CPL a person cannot enter any establishment that sells alcohol while open carrying without the owners permission.

It's about a 15 minute drive from Farmington Hills. I used to live between 12 & 13 off of Drake Rd.

tygereye

imported post

So, technically, (not that we would at an open carry meet :)) a CPL holder could conceal at this restaurant...

If it is that close, then hopefully I can make it... Been itching for an open carry meet lately!!

mikestilly

imported post

tygereye wrote:
So, technically, (not that we would at an open carry meet :)) a CPL holder could conceal at this restaurant...

If it is that close, then hopefully I can make it...  Been itching for an open carry meet lately!!

Me too! After Battle Creek been definitely looking forward to the next one. I'll be there with the family and hopefully we'll have a good turnout.

~Mike

EM87

imported post

tygereye wrote:

The only reason a CPL holder would have to open carry there, is if more than 50% of their sales came from alcohol.  Is this a restaurant that would fall under this?

Obviously, if the restaurant has the liquor license, then a non-cpl holder, wouldn't be able to carry with out permission...

Not sure if I will be able to make it or not, will have to check to see how far away, and my school work load...  :)

The reason Mike says that only CPL holders can carry is because you can't OC anywhere that sells alcohol unless you have a CPL. You can still CC if the primary source of income is not alcohol sold by the glass to be consumed on the premises.

Mike, it's not 50%. It's the primary source of income, which could be less than 50%.

tygereye

imported post

EM87 wrote:
tygereye wrote:

The only reason a CPL holder would have to open carry there, is if more than 50% of their sales came from alcohol. Is this a restaurant that would fall under this?

Not sure if I will be able to make it or not, will have to check to see how far away, and my school work load... :)

The reason Mike says that only CPL holders can carry is because you can't OC anywhere that sells alcohol unless you have a CPL. You can still CC if the primary source of income is not alcohol sold by the glass to be consumed on the premises.

Mike, it's not 50%. It's the primary source of income, which could be less than 50%.
That is what I thought, thanks, except for the 50% correction... :)

mikestilly

imported post

EM87 wrote:
tygereye wrote:

The only reason a CPL holder would have to open carry there, is if more than 50% of their sales came from alcohol.  Is this a restaurant that would fall under this?

Not sure if I will be able to make it or not, will have to check to see how far away, and my school work load...  :)

That can be true. All depends on the rest of the sources that are in comparison with alcohol. I use the general rule if it looks like bar it's a bar and a restaurant is pretty obvious and when in doubt open carry if you're not already :)