• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Daily carry setup

Braveheart23C

imported post

I've seen other sites and forums where people show their daily carry setups and I thought I would try it here. Let's see what you're packin' and get some opinions. Here's mine:

Glock 23C with Scherer 3.5 lb. trigger and Wolff stainless guide rod and spring, 180 gr. Federal Hydra Shoks, Glock 22 spare magazine, Coleman MAX LED flashlight and Smith and Wesson Extreme Ops folding knife. I usually carry concealed with a Fobus E2 paddle holster or Uncle Mike's IWB. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Braveheart23C

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

GLOCK 35 with night sights, 16 rounds of 180 grain Winchester Golden Sabre, and a SERPA.

That's it. :D

CIMG1166.jpg

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Braveheart23C wrote:
Holy crap! You don't want anyone to notice it or anything do you?:)

Are you going to have that at the dinner on 2/26?
I haven't decided between the GLOCK 35, or the North American Mini Revolver. ;)

beltbucklegloss.jpg

Perhaps both? :p

b1ack5mith

imported post

Braveheart23C wrote:

I've seen other sites and forums where people show their daily carry setups and I thought I would try it here. Let's see what you're packin' and get some opinions. Here's mine:

Glock 23C with Scherer 3.5 lb. trigger and Wolff stainless guide rod and spring, 180 gr. Federal Hydra Shoks, Glock 22 spare magazine, Coleman MAX LED flashlight and Smith and Wesson Extreme Ops folding knife. I usually carry concealed with a Fobus E2 paddle holster or Uncle Mike's IWB. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Braveheart23C
NIIIIICE, you conceal carriers don't know how to accessorize! Your hogue sleeve is upside down dude!

Braveheart23C

imported post

I just recently bought this gun with the Hogue sleeve already on it. My bad for not realizing it was upside down. Thanks for noticing. Don't blame us "concealed carriers" for my stupid mistake.

bmeldrum

imported post

This is my Springfield XD .40/12 round mag, blackhawk serpa holster: generally I have tungsten tipped, armoured piercing rounds- JK! Typically have silvertip hollow points

mqondo

imported post

Depends on what I'm doing. I carry something else to work, but here is what I have now.
SW1911 with extra mag, Ka-Bar TDI knife, flashlight.

carry.jpg

mqondo

imported post

UtahJarhead wrote:
Damn that 1911 is sexy, mqondo....  Seen it in person and it looks way better than the pictures.
Thanks UtahJarhead! I like it quite a bit as well. The grips are super comfy, and it shoots fantastic.

DEFENSOR

imported post

I like it better than Chuck Connors.

What is it? I have two wimpy Winchester 30-30s but I don't dare take them out because my horse is afraid to open carry and be harrassed LOL. But really I love lever actions, is it a Marlin 45-70 or .450 Marlin? Otheroptions are also very satisfactory. Thanks for letting a Californian chime in. :dude:

Sincerely, Defensor Fortis

DEFENSOR

imported post

Or it's an artillery piece but I'm hoping that it is a big boreMarlin so I don't feel like an idiot. Not to mention one of the guns on my wish list is an 1895 Marlin in 45-70 Govt. That does it, I'm going on Marlins website to ID that colossal lever type gun.

Defensor

thx997303

imported post

That lever monster is a Marlin 1895G in 45-70 :)

Though I plan to purchase a lever 12 ga soon as money permits.

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

It was on sale at Smith & Edwards, I had my Father In-law pick it up for me. When I saw how big it was I was like:shock:I hated to tell him to bring it back so I carry it everyday as big as it is.

FogRider

imported post

DSC_0014.jpg

Ruger GP100, SA XD45, SA 1911 GI, Galco leather. I'll occasionally switch it up with Serpas for the semi autos, but I think the leather looks nicer. SOG multitool and Pentagon Elite II, Surefire GZ2. I don't always have a firearm on me, but the rest is always with me.