• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1 of 3 Local Open Carry Reports Found

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Saturday I ran the gamut of interviews with a few other OCers in Fresno.

ABC, CBS, and KMPH turned out to cover and do interviews.

It was late, and there were a few miscommunications and some people couldn't show up, but it was entirely successful.

The LEO in Starbucks didn't even bother to e-check us, his words were that we were all on the same side.

UOC is not really necessary in Fresno, where CCW permits are issued with much greater sense than in other cities and counties.

Sorry, all we could find so far is one video on ABC's website, too bad they cut our hour long interview down to 2 sentences.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=7261218

Will edit when we find the other two stories.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

From the context of other threads, I gather that there were also 2 more Bay Area TV news stories this weekend about the Walnut Creek outing. If anybody has links to these, please post them as well.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

SouthBayr wrote:
Someone please tell that guy to get a holster.

Plus 100 to that.

C'mon people. Carrying a firearm wedged under your belt without a holster is completely unacceptable. Not only must we be accountable for our own actions in this respect, but we must also hold those who attend our events to the same standard that is expected of us. Bottom line- don't come to the event without being prepared-

The short list; a holster that fits the weapon you are carrying with a minimum level of retention, a locking case, and an active audio recorder. And please oh please... review the Noobie thread.

If we are to be representatives of the 2nd amendment, we cannot appear to be anything less than professional.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

I have to say, with the ABC interview, I don't think there was any malice involved. The CBS on the other hand...

Its just controversy, only reason they even take an interest.

*shrug*

coolusername2007

imported post

The Sheriff seems nice and pro-2A enough, but am I the only one getting tired of the rhetoric "if someone calls we're going to have to go check it out and its going to prevent us from doing other more things." I'd like to see a flood of calls saying MWAG (Man with a Guitar, or Groceries, or Gum, or Grapefruit, or ???). I mean really that's all legal too, why don't they check those calls out...cause you never know.

chewy352

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
The Sheriff seems nice and pro-2A enough, but am I the only one getting tired of the rhetoric "if someone calls we're going to have to go check it out and its going to prevent us from doing other more things." I'd like to see a flood of calls saying MWAG (Man with a Guitar, or Groceries, or Gum, or Grapefruit, or ???). I mean really that's all legal too, why don't they check those calls out...cause you never know.
+1 to that. I have had to call SDPD several times for drug activity in my neighborhood and dispatch told me straight out they would not send anyone. All these statements of "we have to respond to every call for service" Is a bold face lie by LEA.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

chewy352 wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
+1 to that. I have had to call SDPD several times for drug activity in my neighborhood and dispatch told me straight out they would not send anyone. All these statements of "we have to respond to every call for service" Is a bold face lie by LEA.
I always heard it as "we have to respond to every man with a gun call". Which in a way is true, if they didn't harass the living hell out of every law-abiding citizen and get them to stop deterring crime, they'd be a much smaller pseudo-military force than they are now.