Thread: Looking for mini gun vault recommendation

Post imported post

I see that Midway hastheir GV1000 on sale for $88.00. I was actually looking for one with finger print recognition. This model does not have that feature. Is the more expensive fingerprint recognition model worth it? I hear there may be some problems with battery life. Anyone recommend this? Or is there another model I should look at? The FPR models are all over $200 - for the cheapest!

I'm trying to stay below $100 if possible.

Post imported post

ETA. i hear the finger print recognition can suck from time to time. that time might be the time you need your gun.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

DK, I have a similar soft cover gun container/holder. Is that good enough to comply with the code that when gun is transported in car it must be in a locked container? (or trunk) Problem is I don't think the zipper thingie is large enough to allow a lock to be inserted through it.

Post imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:
    DK, I have a similar soft cover gun container/holder. Is that good enough to comply with the code that when gun is transported in car it must be in a locked container? (or trunk) Problem is I don't think the zipper thingie is large enough to allow a lock to be inserted through it.

tricky situation with the locks. first, a soft case can compy with code if used right. you should get a small dial lock, this way you can set the combo 1 digit off, then just turn one number when you need it, quicker than finger print box, no battery needed. next thing to know is, use the small loops of the zipper with your lock, (the inner loop of the thing you grab/ the small hole that attaches the zipper handle to the zippy part of the zipper)you should not be able to stick your finger in the case and touch your firearm, or as the courts may see it "manipulate" the firearm.

edit: found it!

so you will want a case with 2 zippers on it. you will want to put your dial lock through the small holes of the "pull tab", the holes closest to the "crown" or "tab holder", so that you cant put a finger in and touch the gun, if you attach the lock to the large holes of the "pull tab" you will be able to separate the zippers by about 2 inches, no good.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Congratulations! You're the 100th person to make a thread with EXACTLY this topic. You win a friendly ribbing for reinventing the wheel!

I know the search function on this forum leaves much to be desired, but you'll find good info if you have a little patience.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

Harbor freight has these for sale....$12
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:
    I see that Midway hastheir GV1000 on sale for $88.00. I was actually looking for one with finger print recognition. This model does not have that feature. Is the more expensive fingerprint recognition model worth it? I hear there may be some problems with battery life. Anyone recommend this? Or is there another model I should look at? The FPR models are all over $200 - for the cheapest!

I purchased the GV1000 for use in my vehicle(s) because I live near several schools and to be able to lock up my gun while at work. I was leaving it on the passenger seat while driving and putting it under the seat when out of the vehicle.

Just my opinion, but I found it to be a hassle to discreetly put it away under the seat due to it's size and weight. Don't get me wrong though, it's a great little safe. I was tempted to bolt it to the floorboard of my truck, but it would be equally tempting to anyone with criminal intent that happened to look through the window.

I have since purchased a simple metal lock box with a key lock(for $30) to use in the vehicle that is much easier to handle.

Post imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    Congratulations! You're the 100th person to make a thread with EXACTLY this topic. You win a friendly ribbing for reinventing the wheel!

I know the search function on this forum leaves much to be desired, but you'll find good info if you have a little patience.
    i think this is now the first one with a zipper structure illustration though.

dancing banana =====> :celebrate

Post imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
    CA_Libertarian wrote:

Didn't I see that on "How its made"?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    dirtykoala wrote:
    CA_Libertarian wrote:

i dont think you saw it on "how its made", but i might not have been peeking in your window the day that you did see it...

Post imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    dirtykoala wrote:
    CA_Libertarian wrote:

i dont think you saw it on "how its made", but i might not have been peeking in your window the day that you did see it...
    It was called...."TMI about zippers."

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    dirtykoala wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    dirtykoala wrote:
    CA_Libertarian wrote:

oh, sorry. can we see how many quote boxes we can get?

Post imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    dirtykoala wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    dirtykoala wrote:
    CA_Libertarian wrote:

oh, sorry. can we see how many quote boxes we can get?
    eta: i want 15- 20 please.

Post imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
    CA_Libertarian wrote:

Remember when Ed McMahon of the Tonight Show would slam his hand on Johnny's desk and say "EVERYTHING, you ever wanted to know about zippers are in the chart." LMAO, I have to admit, I have learned that the "thingie" I refer to is called, appropriately, the "pull tab." How ingenious!

Thanks everyone. I do have to start learning how to use the search engine. But it's a hella of a lot more fun revising old news. (imho)

Now to go find that soft cover I have hidden in the closet.

Post imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:
    dirtykoala wrote:
    CA_Libertarian wrote:

Remember when Ed McMahon of the Tonight Show would slam his hand on Johnny's desk and say "EVERYTHING, you ever wanted to know about zippers are in the chart." LMAO, I have to admit, I have learned that the "thingie" I refer to is called, appropriately, the "pull tab." How ingenious!

Thanks everyone. I do have to start learning how to use the search engine. But it's a hella of a lot more fun revising old news. (imho)

Now to go find that soft cover I have hidden in the closet.
    yeah, i hate the search function. just pretend it isnt there. i normally look for thingsthat i know have been covereduntil i feel like banging my head on my desk, then i start a new thread about it.i dont search though. chuck norris doesnt have to search for things, why should i?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    dirtykoala wrote:

"How it's made" covered dancing bananas? Damn, I missed out!

(Damn it, now I got the "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" song stuck in my head... and I got a road trip tomorrow... thanks alot jerks!)

Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    dirtykoala wrote:

"How it's made" covered dancing bananas? Damn, I missed out!

(Damn it, now I got the "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" song stuck in my head... and I got a road trip tomorrow... thanks alot jerks!)

sorry. maybe this will help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MDNFaGfT4

Post imported post

I like short, sweet and simple. This one I just bought, comes in combo or key. It also comes with a steel cord to attach to a seat post or what ever needed within the vehicle.

Best part is the price! 35 for the combo and 30 for the keyed.

Its not the most high security, but is a thief breaks in they will just take the whole damn safe anyway so no need for fancy in a small safe. And this one is perfect for vehicle carry! =)

Secure-It Combination Lock Handgun Storage Safe
    Item:IA-229676
    $34.99

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te....form23&Go.x=0

:celebrate:celebrate:

Post imported post

i got the same guncase with the skinnyass cable, but its good enuff for me

Post imported post

i dont think youre going to find a vault to fit a minigun.

Post imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:

Gun vaults reset if they get shocked with static. They are crap.

I would also steer away from locked gun bags. They lack discretion. A little creativity and you can convert a backpack to do the same thing without having a case that screams gun.