• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for mini gun vault recommendation

Hawaii FiveO

imported post

I see that Midway hastheir GV1000 on sale for $88.00. I was actually looking for one with finger print recognition. This model does not have that feature. Is the more expensive fingerprint recognition model worth it? I hear there may be some problems with battery life. Anyone recommend this? Or is there another model I should look at? The FPR models are all over $200 - for the cheapest!

I'm trying to stay below $100 if possible.

dirtykoala

imported post

2008119161454.gif

ETA. i hear the finger print recognition can suck from time to time. that time might be the time you need your gun.

Hawaii FiveO

imported post

DK, I have a similar soft cover gun container/holder. Is that good enough to comply with the code that when gun is transported in car it must be in a locked container? (or trunk) Problem is I don't think the zipper thingie is large enough to allow a lock to be inserted through it.

dirtykoala

imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:
DK, I have a similar soft cover gun container/holder. Is that good enough to comply with the code that when gun is transported in car it must be in a locked container? (or trunk) Problem is I don't think the zipper thingie is large enough to allow a lock to be inserted through it.

tricky situation with the locks. first, a soft case can compy with code if used right. you should get a small dial lock, this way you can set the combo 1 digit off, then just turn one number when you need it, quicker than finger print box, no battery needed. next thing to know is, use the small loops of the zipper with your lock, (the inner loop of the thing you grab/ the small hole that attaches the zipper handle to the zippy part of the zipper)you should not be able to stick your finger in the case and touch your firearm, or as the courts may see it "manipulate" the firearm.

faba2894-02bd-4269-9e3b-02486beac489.jpg

edit: found it!

Structure%20of%20a%20Zipper.jpg

so you will want a case with 2 zippers on it. you will want to put your dial lock through the small holes of the "pull tab", the holes closest to the "crown" or "tab holder", so that you cant put a finger in and touch the gun, if you attach the lock to the large holes of the "pull tab" you will be able to separate the zippers by about 2 inches, no good.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Congratulations! You're the 100th person to make a thread with EXACTLY this topic. You win a friendly ribbing for reinventing the wheel!

:lol:

I know the search function on this forum leaves much to be desired, but you'll find good info if you have a little patience.

JJ

imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:
I see that Midway hastheir GV1000 on sale for $88.00. I was actually looking for one with finger print recognition. This model does not have that feature. Is the more expensive fingerprint recognition model worth it? I hear there may be some problems with battery life. Anyone recommend this? Or is there another model I should look at? The FPR models are all over $200 - for the cheapest!

I'm trying to stay below $100 if possible.

I purchased the GV1000 for use in my vehicle(s) because I live near several schools and to be able to lock up my gun while at work. I was leaving it on the passenger seat while driving and putting it under the seat when out of the vehicle.

Just my opinion, but I found it to be a hassle to discreetly put it away under the seat due to it's size and weight. Don't get me wrong though, it's a great little safe. I was tempted to bolt it to the floorboard of my truck, but it would be equally tempting to anyone with criminal intent that happened to look through the window.

I have since purchased a simple metal lock box with a key lock(for $30) to use in the vehicle that is much easier to handle.

dirtykoala

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Congratulations! You're the 100th person to make a thread with EXACTLY this topic. You win a friendly ribbing for reinventing the wheel!

I know the search function on this forum leaves much to be desired, but you'll find good info if you have a little patience.

i think this is now the first one with a zipper structure illustration though.

dancing banana =====> :celebrate

Gundude

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:

Didn't I see that on "How its made"?

dirtykoala

imported post

Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:

i dont think you saw it on "how its made", but i might not have been peeking in your window the day that you did see it...

Gundude

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:

i dont think you saw it on "how its made", but i might not have been peeking in your window the day that you did see it...
It was called...."TMI about zippers."

dirtykoala

imported post

Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:

oh, sorry. can we see how many quote boxes we can get?

dirtykoala

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:

oh, sorry. can we see how many quote boxes we can get?
eta: i want 15- 20 please.

Hawaii FiveO

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:

Remember when Ed McMahon of the Tonight Show would slam his hand on Johnny's desk and say "EVERYTHING, you ever wanted to know about zippers are in the chart." LMAO, I have to admit, I have learned that the "thingie" I refer to is called, appropriately, the "pull tab." How ingenious!

Thanks everyone. I do have to start learning how to use the search engine. But it's a hella of a lot more fun revising old news. (imho)

Now to go find that soft cover I have hidden in the closet.

dirtykoala

imported post

Hawaii FiveO wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:
CA_Libertarian wrote:

Remember when Ed McMahon of the Tonight Show would slam his hand on Johnny's desk and say "EVERYTHING, you ever wanted to know about zippers are in the chart." LMAO, I have to admit, I have learned that the "thingie" I refer to is called, appropriately, the "pull tab." How ingenious!

Thanks everyone. I do have to start learning how to use the search engine. But it's a hella of a lot more fun revising old news. (imho)

Now to go find that soft cover I have hidden in the closet.
yeah, i hate the search function. just pretend it isnt there. i normally look for thingsthat i know have been covereduntil i feel like banging my head on my desk, then i start a new thread about it.i dont search though. chuck norris doesnt have to search for things, why should i?

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

"How it's made" covered dancing bananas? Damn, I missed out!

(Damn it, now I got the "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" song stuck in my head... and I got a road trip tomorrow... thanks alot jerks!)

65389567_9737b2a6b0_o.jpg

dirtykoala

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Gundude wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

"How it's made" covered dancing bananas? Damn, I missed out!

(Damn it, now I got the "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" song stuck in my head... and I got a road trip tomorrow... thanks alot jerks!)

65389567_9737b2a6b0_o.jpg

sorry. maybe this will help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MDNFaGfT4

brad9point0

imported post

I like short, sweet and simple. This one I just bought, comes in combo or key. It also comes with a steel cord to attach to a seat post or what ever needed within the vehicle.

Best part is the price! 35 for the combo and 30 for the keyed.

Its not the most high security, but is a thief breaks in they will just take the whole damn safe anyway so no need for fancy in a small safe. And this one is perfect for vehicle carry! =)

Secure-It Combination Lock Handgun Storage Safe
Item:IA-229676
$34.99

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...en/common/search/search-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0

:celebrate:celebrate: