• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Good LE Contact

OPS MARINE

imported post

I called the police a little while ago in reference to a suspicious vehicle here in my neighborhood. I needed to go outside a little while later, and ran into said Police Officer. he'd already checked out the vehicle and was updating the CAD.

While I was having a conversation with him, I asked him how the night was going. He showed me on the CAD that there were 6 Officers out on a gun call. I asked if it was an OCer, and he said no, it was a domestic.

He then brought up the fact that OC was catching on, and there was a MWAG call at the mall some weeks ago. The person who was stopped was polite, knowledgeable and spoke well to the Officers. He's a good example, as he was our first stop.

I said "That was me", and he said, "I guess I should have known...nice gun." He did not e-check me. We finished our conversation, and I went home.

This seems to be getting better and better.

dirtykoala

imported post

lots better than getting proned out and shot with an AR! GJ making headway in your area.

Poblacht32

imported post

OPS MARINE wrote:
I called the police a little while ago in reference to a suspicious vehicle here in my neighborhood. I needed to go outside a little while later, and ran into said Police Officer. he'd already checked out the vehicle and was updating the CAD.

While I was having a conversation with him, I asked him how the night was going. He showed me on the CAD that there were 6 Officers out on a gun call. I asked if it was an OCer, and he said no, it was a domestic.

He then brought up the fact that OC was catching on, and there was a MWAG call at the mall some weeks ago. The person who was stopped was polite, knowledgeable and spoke well to the Officers. He's a good example, as he was our first stop.

I said "That was me", and he said, "I guess I should have known...nice gun." He did not e-check me. We finished our conversation, and I went home.

This seems to be getting better and better.
We need to hear more stories like that.

OPS MARINE

imported post

Just trying to do my part to place a positive face on this. There are so many who will depict us as being out of our minds, when the truth is quite the opposite. I may be the only person in my area to be OCing, and that's just fine with me. The more Police that even have a thought to contact me seem to have heard of me. All with good reviews. Can't shake a stick at that.

I will continue to be set forth a good example...well, at least I hope to.

"Most people respect the badge. Everybody respects the gun."