• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet & Greet Feb 13th (Sat)

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A few of us are going to have a OC/CC meet and greet.

Sat Feb 13th @ 2PM

Imbrie Hall at Cornelius Pass Roadhouse
4045 NW Cornelius Pass Rd
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 640-6174

Hope to see you there.

JBURGII

imported post

ooh... I might actually be able to make it.. just maybe.. hmmm.. move this one thing.. reschedule that other.. cross my fingers...

GSXRrider

imported post

Are they actually gun friendly? Unfortunately I don't have an OWB holster for my glock, only my girly j-frame :p

beavertonfirearms

imported post

I sent an email to the gentleman who I made the reservation with to confirm that we won't run into any issues. I briefly mentioned it to him on the phone and he didn't sound like it would be problematic, but didn't specifically say one way or another.

I'd hate for us to all get there and them tell us they want us to disarm or leave.

I will post his reply when I hear back. Hope to see lots of you there!

EDIT: The property manager promptly called me to state that they have no issues with firearms, and to please respect his other patrons by 'not handling them too much'. We exchanged a chuckle with me saying they'll only be handled if necessary. :)

GSXRrider

imported post

Well that's good. But I hope he doesn't think everybody plans to pull out their gun to wave it around and stuff. Sheesh.

beavertonfirearms

imported post

GSXRrider wrote:
Well that's good. But I hope he doesn't think everybody plans to pull out their gun to wave it around and stuff. Sheesh.

Honestly, that's kind of what it sounded like. He compared it to having a cell phone out and making noise and being annoying to other customers. What's even funnier is that his words were "don't do it too much". Like they wouldn't care if removed our weapons from holsters to show them off! :what:

GSXRrider

imported post

I guess he will see that, just because people carry a gun doesn't mean they pull them out like their cell phone. It is a tool. I don't get it out unless I need it. My cell phone is something I use when I pull it out. Same with my car keys. Maybe he was just scared to say no? hah

Not sure if I will make it. I bought a new to me vehicle and have been dedicating my time to fixing things on it. And am unsure about a coolant problem I am having....