• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC article in HuffingtonPost

Alexcabbie

imported post

Arianna Huffington is a lady who talks like the wife in the old "Green Acres" TV series and who has even less of a grio on reality. I think she called herself a "conservative" until she found out more people would pay attention to her if she became a smart-mouth "liberal".

I think I may try a little experiment: See, my blog is "conservative and nationalist" and has maybe five comments on it in the 14 months it has been up. So I think maybe I will put up another one without my picture on it and put up posts about maybe how conservtives are stupid and are trying to hide the fact that - for instance - this freaking series of blizzards in DC is actually evidence that global warming is true. I bet I would get weenies galore commenting. Hell, Kieth Olbermann might even feature my blog then.

Speaking of this blizzard (which has closed the Federal government for almost a week :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate- but the low-paid minimum wage earners still manage to get to their fast-food jobs): If I was out enough in the country I would make a snowman, blindfold it and make a "YouTube" vid showing myself and about five others executing it by firing squad. I wonder what a good deer rifle would do to a snowman? I mean, this snow is RIDICULOUS. And it's keeping me off the road.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
We HEREknow better -- as do most conservatives -- but the majority of people?

I don't give the average personany credit at all re: their ability (or desire) to sort out the facts.

Whatever, I think they believe everything the Brady Bunch puts out as fact.

-- John D.
There is good news on the horizon - the American people are waking up.

Conservative Percent by Gallup 2009

Conservatives” Are Single-Largest Ideological Group

Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.

http://larivefacets.blogspot.com/2009/06/conservative-percent-by-gallup-2009.html

Yata hey

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

"If I was out enough in the country I would make a snowman, blindfold it and make a "YouTube" vid showing myself and about five others executing it by firing squad. I wonder what a good deer rifle would do to a snowman?" -- Alexcabbie

It's been done...kind of: Go to youtube and search for "Death to Frosty."

A truly cold-hearted and chilling video clip...

-- John D.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Maybe yall think its funny and maybe it is, but this is the first winter storm in 20 years of driving a cab that has beaten me. Like a rented mule. Made me it's prison b**ch. Yet if yu go to the Huffington Post you will find articles explaining that we are all too stupid to realize that we are packed in ice because the planet is getting warmer.

These can probably be found right next to the ones stating that guns kill X number of kids each year, while failing to mention that even more kids drown in private residential swimming pools, which there are fare fewer of than thre are firearms.

You know who the mascot for the Brady Bunch ought to be? Snagglepuss, that's who. Why? Because Snagglepuss is a Lion Clown, and the Brady Bunch are likewise lyin' clowns.

JBURGII

imported post

One of the posters on Huffpost is a Vet, former LEO and I believe instructor and has the greatest arguments and comments for the antis.. it is a blast to follow..

VA Lawyer

imported post

The comments are great. I particularly like this one:

Quoting the article: "But what about the rights of everyone else who wishes to be free from lethal weapons in public places..."

==========

Everyone does enjoy the right to be free from threats to their life in public places. Using a gun in an unjustified or threatening manner (murdering or brandishing) is a crime. What we do not have is a right to live free from being personally offended by, or afraid of, the non-hostile actions of others. This is really what you are describing with this statement. If it were so that we had such a right, those who fear that homosexuals spread AIDS would have a case that Starbucks should also prohibit those patrons. People with tattoos might also be denied service because they must be gang members. This is absurd

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
because when police respond to a "man with a gun" call, they have no idea what the intentions of the gun carrier are and "the result could be deadly."

That's the Real Deal scare tactic that the author is trying to put over on everyone here. He wants you to subconsciously read that the cops can and sometimes will shoot you dead for OC (due to a misunderstanding)
This article explains that carryign a gun is legal, that everyone should hate it, and that the cops just might kill that person for you if you call.

He's carefully encouraging anti-gunners to use anti-rights officers to kill their political enemies. With their guns....

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Correct me if I'm wrong but, when has the NRA stepped up to help the open carry movement? I believe that the VCDL and opencarry.org have done the most to help the open carry movement.

4armed Architect

imported post

Being a "Gun Free Zone" (without security screening) has NEVER successfully stopped a shooter determined to enter one and shoot people. Being IN a "Gun Free Zone" (without security screening) has ALWAYS effectively disarmed the shooter's victims.

Ok, I don't have a cite with stats on that one, but most readers on this forum have the capacity to think it through and connect a few dots.

What was that definition of insanity again?

Alexcabbie

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but, when has the NRA stepped up to help the open carry movement? I believe that the VCDL and opencarry.org have done the most to help the open carry movement.

As an NRA member I must say that the "Open Carry" movement rattles some teacups in the upper echelons of the organization. There was a recent blurb in the "Armed Citizen" column of the "American Rifleman" mag that somewhat snidely stated that an LAC who defended himself with a sidearm was "said t be a member of the so-called "open carry" movement.

I am of the opinion that even CHP holders should open carry from time to time if only to let the indigenous toad population know that one posesses a firearm. I can tell you that once they see you carrying, they stop accosting you for change, etc; even when you are unarmed because they don't know if you have your weapon hidden; and also because by carrying openly you have proclaimed that you are doing something they cannot, and that you are from a different segment of the populace than they are. Once they see you walking down the street with an openly carried firearm as nonchalantly as if you were carrying a pair of specs or a cell phone believe me, they think twice about bothering you.

Perhaps those of us who are NRA members should write some letters or something so that when Wayne's kid needs college tuition he will know to be nice to us instead of making sideways insults.

We do need the NRA. They would not be the most villified 2A organizatrion in the country if they were not effective. But the NRA needs to wake up and realize that they need US too.

(AND they need to drop the Little Bo-Peep act and get a bit more radical, IMHO)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
It has long been my observation that the NRA will attach itself to any major RTBA case or event that appears, but seldom is the originator. Locally (Virginia) there is absolutely no question that VCDL and the practitioners of OC from this very forum have not only led the way but provided the spirit, voice and knowledge to cause the gains we enjoy.

There has been some national benefit from VCDL's state directed efforts - notably that of the new NPS/national parks change in gun carry rules, which definitely began with VCDL. Too this all volunteer organization has served as the model for other like groups across the country - spreading the wealth of their experience. That very "share the wealth" attitude is what makes OCDO singularly successful.

Yata hey