• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC, Inc. Board of Directors Appoints New Vice President

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

As of today I have been appointed by the MOC, Inc. Board of Directors as Vice President. It is a great honor to me to be entrusted with this responsibility.

As most of you know, there is a lot of leadership restructuring happening within MOC. Once this process has been completed, we will be scheduling a special meeting of the MOC membership to bring everyone up to speed. While no definite timetable is set, I will be doing everything I can to try to make this happen before the month is over. I will keep everyone updated.

In the meantime, I encourage all MOC members to reply to this thread and let me know what direction you feel MOC should be going in.

Regards,

Jeff Sayers

G

imported post

Congratulations from the "salt shaker".;)

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

JeffSayers

imported post

Thanks for the support guys. I look forward to speaking with all of you in teamspeak very soon and hopefully in person very soon. But for now I feel an insomnia-related comma coming on... Just one...zzz or two more...zz... things to do... and then its bedtime.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

It's one thing to post in the Events Thread and muck it up, but then you need to to rub this sh!t in our faces.....

But anyway, congrats. :p

DanM

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
I encourage all MOC members to reply to this thread and let me know what direction you feel MOC should be going in.

Keep going in the same direction it always has been: support and defense ofthe exercise of the RKBAin the form of open carry.

There are two things that are true about all of us as responsible, law-abiding individualsthat we would like other peopleto assume about us, and therefore, as a matter of reciprocity, we should assume about other responsible, law-abiding gun carriers:

• There is a reason the particular firearm, holster, etc. is being carried. Ask the carrier if you're curious.
  • The carrier of the firearm has trained with it and knows it's capabilities and limitations, and knows how to employ it properly. Ask the carrier if you're curious.
If you don't make those two assumptions about others, then you don't deserve those two assumptions to be made about you.

JeffSayers

imported post

DanM wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:
I encourage all MOC members to reply to this thread and let me know what direction you feel MOC should be going in.

Keep going in the same direction it always has been: support and defense ofthe exercise of the RKBAin the form of open carry.

There are two things that are true about all of us as responsible, law-abiding individualsthat we would like other peopleto assume about us, and therefore, as a matter of reciprocity, we should assume about other responsible, law-abiding gun carriers:

• There is a reason the particular firearm, holster, etc. is being carried. Ask the carrier if you're curious.
  • The carrier of the firearm has trained with it and knows it's capabilities and limitations, and knows how to employ it properly. Ask the carrier if you're curious.
If you don't make those two assumptions about others, then you don't deserve those two assumptions to be made about you.
You make good points here Dan. I would like all MOC members to know you voices will be heard as we move forward and onward past the long arm oc issue. Keep em' coming.

DanM

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
I would like all MOC members to know you voices will be heard as we move forward and onward past the long arm oc issue.

Actually, I was referring to more"issues" than that, thatI've heard of while involved in OC:very large frame "scary carry" handguns, flash suppressors or other tactical handgun attachments, drop-leg holsters,horizontal-carry shoulder harness holsters, etc.

Those, too, are examples of the diversity of OC that I am awarehave had their"political correctness"discussed, if not criticized.

I caution that any individual or organization thatgets beyond simply holding folks to carrying legally and responsibly, and startsventuring into concerns about what may be "politically correct" or not, often may find themselves lost in a forest of their own creation. Among many examples, recall Jim Zumbo.

I don't see MOC headed that way. This is just my general input to the general request you posed.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So - I'm curious.

No offense to any of the appointees, but...

How does this play out as far as the bylaws go? Why weren't there any committees formed, no presenting before the membership, no vote?

I understand having a temporary president when the prez resigns... but simply appointing new people to the board is curious to me.

I'd like to get to know someone first, you know?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
So - I'm curious.

How does this play out as far as the bylaws go? Why weren't there any committees formed, no presenting before the membership, no vote?

I understand having a temporary president when the prez resigns... but simply appointing new people to the board is curious to me.

I read the bylaws - I just think that this isn't the best way of doing things.

We don't have 10,000 members. It should be easy to do a full-member vote.

Michigander

imported post

A big +1 to Dan's post. As individuals we should discourage anything we find stupid, but as a group we must not stray from our primary goal, which is to educate people, and to at times contact representatives. The only time this group as a whole has any business telling people what to do is when making sure that things are done safely and legally. And yes, that goes far beyond long gun OC.

Anyway, Jeff, I think you'll do the job well. I am pleased that you have been appointed to this position.

You have my phone number, I believe. Any time you, or for that matter Generaldet need anything, please call me or PM me. We live close enough that we can meet up on short notice.

Edit to add: I think you have a good point Ziggy. For the short term, I don't have anything wrong with Jeff having the position, because I have always found him to be a straight forward and hard working person. But it should be voted on at some point soon.

T Vance

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
So - I'm curious.

I agree on this topic. I know some others feel the same way. Just a thought, and again like ZZZ said, no offense to ANY of the appointees, but I feel that the paying members should get a say in who is voted into the positions of MOC. (maybe for the exception of someone resigning).

Personally I think Regional coordinators should get voted into place also. I'm not saying that the people who have been put into place recently are not going to do a great job, I'm just saying MOC should be a democracy.

Michigander

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I'm not saying that the people who have been put into place recently are not going to do a great job, I'm just saying MOC should be a democracy.
We should vote democratically, but I don't think we have any business at all doing anything else democratically. The founders hated democracy for good reasons, same as I do.