• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coloma Rod and Gun Club presentation.

autosurgeon

imported post

I gave a short presentation to the Coloma Rod and Gun Club Board and a number of members.

The Sheriff thanked me for the work we are doing after the meeting.

I also handed out 2A March fliers to everyone present and had several say they would be in Lansing at least if not DC.

I will be holding an OC seminar there in the near future.

EM87

imported post

Yeah! I'm always interested in helping out with local events. What do you have in mind? Maybe make a different thread for it? Or PM me if you prefer to discuss it privately.

office888

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
It was primarily about the March. Most of them that were present know about OC.

A couple were surprised that the Sheriff was ok with OC.
Were any locals there?

I haven't officially spoken to anyone from Coloma, Watervliet, or Hartford..

Just..uhhh..St. Joesph. Not by choice either. :D

-Richard-

autosurgeon

imported post

No just the Sheriff. But Coloma TWP knows it is legal as I had a "discussion" with them last summer at the Glad Peach. And I have OCed in front of the Hartford officers in the Panel Room ... no reaction.

office888

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
No just the Sheriff. But Coloma TWP knows it is legal as I had a "discussion" with them last summer at the Glad Peach. And I have OCed in front of the Hartford officers in the Panel Room ... no reaction.
Awesome! I've been meaning to show up to a Hartford Town Hall meeting for a while...I guess I need to do that?

I mow my lawn while OC'ing. They've probably seen it before.

Just isn't a heckuva lot of places in town for me to OC at without a CPL.

-Richard-

Bronson

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I would like to hold a Seminar at Gander Mountain in Portage and if you would be interested in helping with that we can kick around dates and times.

If it's not on a weekend there's a chance I could be there as well.

Bronson