• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Bunch Are Giving Notice To Open Carry

fullauto223cal

imported post

Hello brothers (& sisters), it's been a little while since I've posted anything but I happened across the FaceBook page of HandGunControl.Inc ..... ahh ..... I mean "Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence".

It seems that some of our movements efforts has caught the attention of
Paul Helmke and his lackeys. Check out the link below. NOTE: You don't have to be member of their page to post replies to some of there comments. I'm not advocating that we troll their boards but it would be nice to see the few people who argue against them to get some intellectual help.

http://www.facebook.com/bradycampaign#!/bradycampaign?v=app_2347471856

MatieA

imported post

The comments that I read were so lame, and so......... I just couldn't think of a reply worth posting. You just can't cure stupid!

fullauto223cal

imported post

Well, looks like you were right, you can't argue with stupid because "stupid" will just remove your post. The only post they didn't remove was a Ben Franklin quote which, I think, does more to explain our cause than anything I can come up with.

I'm sure glad they don't wield the same influence they did under Clinton. Like I read someone else say, they are on the same level with PETA. Politicians give them lip service but know it's a loosing position with the majority of American citizens.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I did come up with something. Would be interesting to see how long it lasts before being deleted.

If guns are so unnecessary, why do the police carry?
Because criminals do. Why should the police be allowed to protect themselves, why shouldn't I have that same right. If you think its the police job to protect you, you are wrong. They enforce the law, and will draw the chalk line around your dead body after you are murdered. Ultimately it is YOUR responsibility to protect yourself. Your fear does not trump my right.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I posted this, but expect it to be removed:

Criminals prey on the weak and defenseless. When they see my sidearm, they know I'm neither. Even a four-year-old can understand the idea that I hope I never have to use the sidearm, but I will if someone threatens our lives.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tess wrote:
I posted this, but expect it to be removed:

Criminals prey on the weak and defenseless. When they see my sidearm, they know I'm neither. Even a four-year-old can understand the idea that I hope I never have to use the sidearm, but I will if someone threatens our lives.
good one:)

SpringerXDacp

imported post

"I have no problem with guns but there is no need to carry a gun while sipping espresso."

I wonder if Suzanna Hupp feels the same way.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I posted a few times, some lady named Kimberly and some dorfus named Mike keep responding. Trying to counterpoint. Kind of funny if it weren't sad.

I am surprised to see that they have not deleted any of the pro statements. They would have to delete them all, otherwise it would look like some of their posts are arguing with themselves.:lol:

UtahJarhead

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
"I have no problem with guns but there is no need to carry a gun while sipping espresso."

I wonder if Suzanna Hupp feels the same way.
^^^ I thought the exact same thing!

JBURGII

imported post

Helmke wrote a blog on Huffingtonpost as well.. nothing but vitriol..

fullauto223cal

imported post

Well, looks like the high moderator of the Brady FaceBook page has forbid me from commenting.... Keep up the good work, I've read some posts and it seems like the Brady bunch supporters are being painted into a corner.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Well, I just had to look. One of the main E-motormouths in the comments is a guy called "Mike", and he is just right off the wall. Among other things he says that "all mass murderers have been licensed concealed weapons permit holders" and states that the Va. Tech killer was a licensed CHP holder (and he patently was not).

"Mike" also states that "one of them has a picture of himself pointing a gun at the camera". That is taken as evidence that we all need a checkup from the neck up. Well now I know that at least SOMEBODY reads my lame-ass blog. :cool:

Alexcabbie

imported post

Here's a fun site that may be entertaining,http://thinkzone.wlonk.com. The site has a "gibberish generator" - it is pretty self explanatory. Try typing comments of Helmke or the idiot commentors into the "gibberish generator" and you can get 6 levels of gibberish. Trust me, it is hi-effin'-larious.

Edited to correct link.

Alexcabbie

imported post

PS: pressing the "generate gibberish" button multiple times produces new configurations of gibberish; and in some cases with these drones may even result in something comprehensible and sensible by the rearrangement of the words. The Generator is in the "Language section on the main page. Enjoy. :cool: