• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please note the ACORN activists that interfere with public opinion

rickahyatt

imported post

It's been fairly obvious to me, that for years, when I would go to various sites and express my conservative view, my posts would be followed and even be taken down by protesters who didn't like what I had to post.
I finally read how, in Red China, the government there pays cheaply (About .25$ per post) for their "Internet Warriors" to track down such dissidence and post opposing views, and try to take down opposing views.
WELL??? We simply have the same kinds of forces working here in the US, whether US born or not, simply English-speaking, forces of ACORN and the like doing the same thing!
Just think on it for yourself!? How many times have you been cajoled out of a blog, or chat, or whatever, by attacks upon your "Mental Stability," and/or the like? They ALWAYS use that ploy! Upon a person's character, stability, status, whatever! NEVER ARGUING THE POINTS AND DEBADE MADE... That they have lost, and know it. They can only hope to seek to drive your head, mind, and vigor down into the sand to silence your expression.
Please! In your own presentation of your own conservative voice! Don't be taken down by a fricking copper-core quarter!
Your own conservative voice should be worth more than a mere coin!
Call it Internet War if you must - I call it PSYOPS.

FogRider

imported post

It's not just liberals shouting down conservative speech. Conservatives are at least as loud when it comes to driving out anything perceived as liberal. This very board is evidence enough.

cscitney87

imported post

We must all be cordial and classy.

I know what you mean about the personal attacks. I think people may be "Staring to notice it more" or it's happening more. Either way, though, let it go. Let's be adults and "ignore" the bully. Let's "Kill 'Em With Kindness". It's the response to the response that really feeds the fire so we'll all have to try harder to just ignore those posts here and there.

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

On am on several other boards for various activities. Most have adopted the pleasant attitude response, meaning that we can not make personal attacks in the open. If someone has a view to state, I respect them for it, as long as they don't try to change me personally or shove something down my throat. If it's going to be ugly send a Personal Message (PM). as i am often quoted. I may not like you, but I respect your thoughts and ideas, even if they are wrong... :)

rickahyatt

imported post

And THAT is the "Policital Correctness" of Utopian Orwellian thought. "Be nice..." AT ALL COSTS! Since we, here in the US, haven't had war on our soil since the Civil War, we must all be "Nice," as if the whole world deserved our quality and standard of life... And maybe WE should pay for it?
Be a uni-thinker, a "Group member," a Social-ist, a Commune-ist, uni-sex, even! No individualism nor creative thought, the only difference between the masses and the political rulers are that the former have two pockets on their Mao jackets, and the officers have four.
Otherwise, "To each according to his need, and the State owns everything, not you." NO personal motivation to earn more, produce more, accumulate property & pass it on to your progeny... It was in Jamestown that they decided not to go with that worthless system, and used the Magna Charta to come up what later became our US Constitution -
And look at the prosperity Americans have had, since!
No. I will speak my piece, and you can argue it if you want. And vice versa.
I do not go with these new fangled words like "Compliance" (really means "Obey"), and all those hypenated words, as well. Go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fuzLTrwVbc
To see what John Wayne had to say about this brainwashing of the hyphenated words that our corrupted media feeds us daily. I gave up Directv a long time ago & will never return!
Our unique culture was bred in rebellion against a tyrannical government, and we seem to loose our spirit thereto every day, incrementally.
Do remember that it is ones civic duty, to arise and bring down any tyrannical government that may arise above us. That's either in the Constitution, or the Federalist Papers, I forget which.
The enemy, on the other hand, aren't "Nice guys," and they do whatever "The Art of War," written by an olden Chinese General tells them to use.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
We must all be cordial and classy
Quite right! :)

rickahyatt wrote:
And THAT is the "Policital Correctness" of Utopian Orwellian thought. "Be nice..." AT ALL COSTS! Since we, here in the US, haven't had war on our soil since the Civil War, we must all be "Nice," as if the whole world deserved our quality and standard of life... And maybe WE should pay for it? Be a uni-thinker, a "Group member," a Social-ist, a Commune-ist, uni-sex, even! No individualism nor creative thought, the only difference between the masses and the political rulers are that the former have two pockets on their Mao jackets, and the officers have four.

I think that's a bit of an overstatement. I believe we can dissent, even strongly dissent, while still being polite. It's the forcefulness of our words, nor their number, which have the most impact, but rather, their quality, as well as our persistence in sharing them, and through them, our thoughts, experiences, convictions, and principles upon which we live our lives.