• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

6th Monthly Meetup - SoCal UOC Event

coolusername2007

imported post

OK, the location for our 6th Monthly Meetup has been vetted and should be another great location.

Details:Old Town Pasadena, Saturday, February 20th, 11am.

Exact meetup location:We're going to meet upin front of Lucky Baldwins at theintersection of E Green and S Raymond Ave.

GFSZWarnings: Old Town Pasadena covers a couple of blocks or more. So here's the zone you want to stay within while UOC'ing.

To the West:Stay on or east of N De Lacey Ave

To the North: Stay on or south of Union St.

To the East: Stay on or west of S Arroyo Parkway

To the South: Stay on or north of Green St.

The west most portion of Old Town Pasadena needs to be avoided due to a high school across the freeway. So do not venture to S Pasadena Ave on the west side.

Feel free to chime in if you plan on attending.

FYI...no other LEA notifications of this event will be made.

ETA: Exact meetup location added. Note the parking will most likely be paid. There is a parking structure at the intersection of Mercentile PL and Raymond. First 90min free $2.00/hr after that, max $6.00.

coolusername2007

imported post

Yeah, I know its a bit of a haul for you. Maybe you can carpool with Chewy. Since "the right people" have said UOC doesn't hurt the cause anymore maybe the SD crowd is willing to "stand up" now. If so, we could do a SD county meetup for the 7th meetup.

Palecon

imported post

I will have a little time tomorrow and will check just a little closer on our area. Will let the group know where to meetup at in later post...p

I cetainly understand the travel issue believe me. Leo, Chewy, others outside the area, hope you can make it.

ryanburbridge

imported post

Thanks for having one closer to the los Angeles area. I'm in long beach and this will be my first event I hope to talk a close friend into joining. I've read a few post but am still new. Any advice for a first timer?

chewy352

imported post

I wouldn't miss it for the world. Unless the wife has something planed I will be there.

Leo you always have a seat in our car just don't scare the baby. lol

wewd

imported post

peewee612 wrote:
Pasadena is an incorporated city, my understanding is that we could not UOC in incorporated cities. Can someone clarify this for me?

You cannot LOC in incorporated cities.

pullnshoot25

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Yeah, I know its a bit of a haul for you.  Maybe you can carpool with Chewy.  Since "the right people" have said UOC doesn't hurt the cause anymore maybe the SD crowd is willing to "stand up" now.  If so, we could do a SD county meetup for the 7th meetup.

Not quite.

demnogis

imported post

The "right people" are not totally on board with uoc yet. There is a gathering of 2a supporters going on in East Palo Alto that I think they would approve of uoc, but not any other events I inow of.

coolusername2007 wrote:
Yeah, I know its a bit of a haul for you.  Maybe you can carpool with Chewy.  Since "the right people" have said UOC doesn't hurt the cause anymore maybe the SD crowd is willing to "stand up" now.  If so, we could do a SD county meetup for the 7th meetup.

pullnshoot25

imported post

I made a post about cgf and uoc a few weeks back which stated the disconnct between reality and fiction concerning support. On phone, in class, can't find at moment but take a search and read I. Hell, repost it here. A good search term is "size 12"

coolusername2007

imported post

The right people aren't completely on board yet, but they are no longer completely against it either since UOC can no longer hurt the LOC cause. A CCW permitee who LOC'd can be thanked for that. Gene said as much right here in the OCDO forum. I'll try to find the thread.

ETA: added the second "completely" above. Found the thread and Gene's statement.

The call to stand down was because permitted LOC was foreseen by quite a few of us. Now that the bill passed already to destroy that option, the stand down is not as important anymore as I said above.

-Gene
Read the entire thread here, page 4 of the thread a little lower than half way down.​

coolusername2007

imported post

oc3068 wrote:
I'll make myself available. Looking forward to more details.

The only remaining detail is the exact meetup location. All other details are in the original post. Hope to see you there.

FYI...to all the newcomers...unlike a lot of the recent NorCal events this is not a media event, this is our event to go out in public while exercising our rights and having a chance to meet in person.

Gundude

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
leoffensive wrote:
Well thanks chewy once again. Ill get you guys breakfast
You can't afford gas, but you can afford breakfast (actually lunch) for three? Must be some monster gas guzzler! ;)
One order of toast and a glass of OJ split 3 ways?

leoffensive

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
leoffensive wrote:
Well thanks chewy once again. Ill get you guys breakfast
You can't afford gas, but you can afford breakfast (actually lunch) for three? Must be some monster gas guzzler! ;)

haha when you drive a big lifted suburban with oversized tires youll understand haha sometimes you can watch the gas gauge just drop haha