Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: VCDL meeting in Annandale - 02/16/10

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    Meeting Schedule (Unless Otherwise Noted Above):
    • 7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering
    • 8:00 - 9:30 pm -- Meeting
    • 9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant


    Mason District Governmental Center
    6507 Columbia Pike
    Annandale, VA 22003




    I should be at the pre-meeting meeting around 6pm.

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848

    Post imported post

    nova wrote:
    I should be at the pre-meeting meeting around 6pm.
    Is that even secret anymore?
    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    ed wrote:
    nova wrote:
    I should be at the pre-meeting meeting around 6pm.
    Is that even secret anymore?
    eh

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    Is the meeting in Annandale still on? Apparently the central VA meeting was rescheduled for the same night.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SMITHFIELD, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    270

    Post imported post

    thanks for the post.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    Oh man, I thought this was Thursday night!

    Too bad, Tuesday's are already busy for me, so I'll have to catch that ostrich burger some other time.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    Oh man, I thought this was Thursday night!

    Too bad, Tuesday's are already busy for me, so I'll have to catch that ostrich burger some other time.
    Yeah me too...I thought it was Thurs but double checked the site.

    2/16/10

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    Souper-seekret meeting warning: Grapeshot & I are driving up with enough time factored in to most likely make the pre-meeting meeting meeting.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    Souper-seekret meeting warning: Grapeshot & I are driving up with enough time factored in to most likely make the pre-meeting meeting meeting.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    Wow I finally will get to meet the famous Grapeshot!

    Looking forward to seeing you both

  10. #10
    Lone Star Veteran Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Reston, VA, , USA
    Posts
    162

    Post imported post

    Where is the pre-meeting place? I am going to try and make his meeting. I assume Carrying in the Mason Government Center is OK no courthouses or anything?
    "Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'"- Phelps Adams

  11. #11
    Regular Member fairfax1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    246

    Post imported post

    Hokie wrote:
    Where is the pre-meeting place? I am going to try and make his meeting. I assume Carrying in theĀ* Mason Government Center is OK no courthouses or anything?
    Government center carry is totally okay.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    placeholder for when its posted

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    Isn't it kind of funny that the topic was whether restaurant owners would want people carrying in their establishments, and the media ended up being asked to leave and us gun owners welcome to stay?

    It's kind of too bad, I think they would have gotten a different opinion from the people at Fuddruckers than the sports bar they ended up at afterwords.

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    It was quite ironic but did they mention that bit in the report? I didn't see the broadcast.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    longwatch wrote:
    It was quite ironic but did they mention that bit in the report? I didn't see the broadcast.
    Nope, they didn't mention that bit. They just showed a few clips from the meeting, then a few shots of a few of us at Fuddruckers (I spotted Fairfax1's XD and my glock).

    They also didn't mention that the bill as passed prohibits consuming alcohol while CCing.

  16. #16
    Lone Star Veteran Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Reston, VA, , USA
    Posts
    162

    Post imported post

    I missed it on the 11 o'clock news.
    Looked for it online but did not see it
    "Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'"- Phelps Adams

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    Hokie wrote:
    I missed it on the 11 o'clock news.
    Looked for it online but did not see it
    I still don't see it online yet.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    Wait a minute, you guys had reporters there? WTF I always miss the good stuff.

    Well, almost always...



  19. #19
    Lone Star Veteran Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Reston, VA, , USA
    Posts
    162

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    Wait a minute, you guys had reporters there?
    See how important I am. I go to a meeting and the media shows up
    "Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'"- Phelps Adams

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    Hokie wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    Wait a minute, you guys had reporters there?
    See how important I am. I go to a meeting and the media shows up
    I've seen you at a number of OCDO events before so I didn't realize this was your first time at a VCDL meeting

  21. #21
    Regular Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Greene County
    Posts
    3,844

    Post imported post

    nova wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    It was quite ironic but did they mention that bit in the report? I didn't see the broadcast.
    Nope, they didn't mention that bit. They just showed a few clips from the meeting, then a few shots of a few of us at Fuddruckers (I spotted Fairfax1's XD and my glock).

    They also didn't mention that the bill as passed prohibits consuming alcohol while CCing.
    The news clip was crap, ihmo!!!
    They didn't mention quite a few thinks, didn't even air the question they asked me and only aired a snippet ofmy anwser.

    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.


    ~Alan Korwin

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    Agent19 wrote:
    nova wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    It was quite ironic but did they mention that bit in the report? I didn't see the broadcast.
    Nope, they didn't mention that bit. They just showed a few clips from the meeting, then a few shots of a few of us at Fuddruckers (I spotted Fairfax1's XD and my glock).

    They also didn't mention that the bill as passed prohibits consuming alcohol while CCing.
    The news clip was crap, ihmo!!!
    They didn't mention quite a few thinks, didn't even air the question they asked me and only aired a snippet ofmy anwser.
    When VCDL President came to GMU back in 2008, NBC4 asked me a question about college carry.

    They didn't use ANY of it.

    I don't talk to the media anymore...I figure that their minds are already made up and they'll only use your words against you (or us, or our cause).

  23. #23
    Regular Member fairfax1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    246

    Post imported post

    nova wrote:
    (I spotted Fairfax1's XD and my glock).
    I guess my XD is famous

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burke/Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    998

    Post imported post

    fairfax1 wrote:
    nova wrote:
    (I spotted Fairfax1's XD and my glock).
    I guess my XD is famous
    The camera-man madea comment aboutthe high number of XDs being carried (my brother and I were both sporting XDs as well). He also said something about all of stamps coming from the Treasury Department. So I got the feeling that he knew I thing or two about guns.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    VApatriot wrote:
    fairfax1 wrote:
    nova wrote:
    (I spotted Fairfax1's XD and my glock).
    I guess my XD is famous
    The camera-man madea comment aboutthe high number of XDs being carried (my brother and I were both sporting XDs as well). He also said something about all of stamps coming from the Treasury Department. So I got the feeling that he knew I thing or two about guns.
    Hehe yeah he said he's a "stamp collector"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •