• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL meeting in Annandale - 02/16/10

nova

imported post

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Meeting Schedule (Unless Otherwise Noted Above):
[/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font]
  • [font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][*] 7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering [*] 8:00 - 9:30 pm -- Meeting [*] 9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant [/font]

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Mason District Governmental Center
6507 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003

I should be at the pre-meeting meeting around 6pm.
[/font]
[/font]

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
nova wrote:
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]I should be at the pre-meeting meeting around 6pm.
[/font]
[/font]
Is that even secret anymore?
eh
dunno.gif

nova

imported post

Is the meeting in Annandale still on? Apparently the central VA meeting was rescheduled for the same night.

nova

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Oh man, I thought this was Thursday night!

Too bad, Tuesday's are already busy for me, so I'll have to catch that ostrich burger some other time.
Yeah me too...I thought it was Thurs but double checked the site.

2/16/10

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Souper-seekret meeting warning: Grapeshot & I are driving up with enough time factored in to most likely make the pre-meeting meeting meeting.

stay safe.

skidmark

nova

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Souper-seekret meeting warning: Grapeshot & I are driving up with enough time factored in to most likely make the pre-meeting meeting meeting.

stay safe.

skidmark
Wow I finally will get to meet the famous Grapeshot!

Looking forward to seeing you both :cool:

Hokie

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Where is the pre-meeting place? I am going to try and make his meeting. I assume Carrying in the Mason Government Center is OK no courthouses or anything?

fairfax1

imported post

Hokie wrote:
Where is the pre-meeting place? I am going to try and make his meeting. I assume Carrying in the  Mason Government Center is OK no courthouses or anything?

Government center carry is totally okay.

nova

imported post

Isn't it kind of funny that the topic was whether restaurant owners would want people carrying in their establishments, and the media ended up being asked to leave and us gun owners welcome to stay? :lol:

It's kind of too bad, I think they would have gotten a different opinion from the people at Fuddruckers than the sports bar they ended up at afterwords.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

It was quite ironic but did they mention that bit in the report? I didn't see the broadcast.

nova

imported post

longwatch wrote:
It was quite ironic but did they mention that bit in the report? I didn't see the broadcast.
Nope, they didn't mention that bit. They just showed a few clips from the meeting, then a few shots of a few of us at Fuddruckers (I spotted Fairfax1's XD and my glock).

They also didn't mention that the bill as passed prohibits consuming alcohol while CCing.

nova

imported post

Hokie wrote:
I missed it on the 11 o'clock news.
Looked for it online but did not see it
I still don't see it online yet.

nova

imported post

Hokie wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Wait a minute, you guys had reporters there?
See how important I am. I go to a meeting and the media shows up :D
I've seen you at a number of OCDO events before so I didn't realize this was your first time at a VCDL meeting :cool: