Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Nation's Gun Show, Chantilly, VA

Post imported post

Dulles Expo Center
    4368 Chantilly Shopping Center
    Chantilly, VA 20153

I'm likely going Saturday morning when it opens. If anyone is there around lunchtime maybe I'll see you at Willards BBQ

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Willards serves adult drinks.. OC required.

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Son of a....! This is the third weekend in a row I won't be able to come home because of the snow.

Post imported post

How do their parking lots look? Parking is horrendous at the best of times. With all the snow and spaces taken up by plowed mounds of snow. . .I'm thinking it will be a nightmare.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Son of a....! This is the third weekend in a row I won't be able to come home because of the snow.
    LOL.

I'll probably be there Friday & Saturday.

I'll see how the parking lots look later. I always go driving around there in the middle of Blizzards.

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    How do their parking lots look? Parking is horrendous at the best of times. With all the snow and spaces taken up by plowed mounds of snow. . .I'm thinking it will be a nightmare.
    Easily solved...arrive one hour early.

Normally I'd tell you to park on the street or in the lot behind the field, but those are probably blocked with snow.
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    See http://www.dullesexpo.com/contact/index.htm
    You think those folks might be stressed?

Whatever the lot looks like now is not a good indication of what it will look like when Snowmageddon II is done dumping on us.

Somebody should check at some point.
    I know I don't want to be in that lot if it is unplowed.

Post imported post

230therapy wrote:
    ChinChin wrote:
    Easily solved...arrive one hour early.
    Friday? pfft. The past three shows the line's usually around the side of the expo center and down around the shopping center TWO hours before the show's supposed to open.

Post imported post

RE: Chantilly Gun show‏

Georgia Arms (gaarms@bellsouth.net)

Sent:
    Wed 2/10/10 5:23 AM

To: Marco

We believe the weather is going to keep us from attending, see you next show, thanks

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 10:46 PM
    To: gaarms@bellsouth.net
    Subject: Chantilly Gun show

I'm considering ordering some 10mm ammo to try and was wondering if it in stock and can it be delivered to the Chantilly, VA gunshow this weekend (2/12-2/14).

Thanks,
    Marco

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

opps!!!!

typo in title.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Booo. They could make it to Chantilly on Friday if they really wanted to.

Post imported post

The parking lot definitely needs some work. Here's what it looks like as of Noon today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oro-qfMjMpY

>

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    The parking lot definitely needs some work. Here's what it looks like as of Noon today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oro-qfMjMpY

>
    Odd....I've driven through that paring lot a dozen times and I've never heard theme music

Think you can ride over to the Comfort Suites on Metrotech Drive and shoot some video? That's where I'll be teaching this weekend and I want to see if its been plowed yet!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:

Odd....I've driven through that paring lot a dozen times and I've never heard theme musicÂ*

Think you can ride over to the Comfort Suites on Metrotech Drive and shoot some video? That's where I'll be teaching this weekend and I want to see if its been plowed yet!Â*
    That's the new Chris Young CD. It rocks.

I'll swing by there later on this evening and check it out.

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    opps!!!!

typo in title.
    Oops! Typo in response!

Haymarket/Gainesville/Arlington/GMU , Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Ill prolly be there Sat and Sunday, looks like I need to take a lot of people...

Might as well park at Target and walk on in by the thought of what it will prolly look like...
    OC - Kimber Custom II - trijicon night sights, beveled mag well, and Wilson combat mags
    CC/OC Sig Sauer 229 - trijicon night sights

Post imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
    Oops! Typo in response!
    I've never been one for spell check,:Pespecially for non work related stuff.

The lack of sleep isn't helping me either.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Can anyone do me a favor and price check these at Trader Jerry's table, or any table that has them? Ain't gonna make it to a gun show 'til the one in Doswell.

Ruger Redhawk in 44 mag with a 4 inch barrel
    Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull (2.5 inch barrel) - doubt they'll have this one

Post imported post

I want to go but not sure I can with the sheet of ice behind my car.
    "Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'"- Phelps Adams

Post imported post

I'll be there--I live so close it would be sill for me to NOT go.

I can check on those Rugers for you, Curtis.

Post imported post

kle wrote:
    I'll be there--I live so close it would be silly for me to NOT go.
    I wish I had that excuse... maybe I'll go anyway. I need a new holster, after all.

Post imported post

Just got back.
    Picked up two 30rnd windowed pmags and 200 rnds of 5.56
    "Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'"- Phelps Adams

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    Can anyone do me a favor and price check these at Trader Jerry's table, or any table that has them? Ain't gonna make it to a gun show 'til the one in Doswell.

Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull (2.5 inch barrel) - doubt they'll have this one
    Just got back--I picked up a bunch of reloading supplies (bullets, primers, boxes, powders), though I couldn't find the grips I wanted (D&J Gun Repair was very light on their inventory this time).

I didn't see any 4" Ruger Redhawks; I think there was a 5.5" in .44 Mag that was $499. I didn't see any 2.5" .454 Casull SRHs.

Post imported post

kle wrote:
    Curtis wrote:

Just got back--I picked up a bunch of reloading supplies (bullets, primers, boxes, powders), though I couldn't find the grips I wanted (D&J Gun Repair was very light on their inventory this time).

I didn't see any 4" Ruger Redhawks; I think there was a 5.5" in .44 Mag that was $499. I didn't see any 2.5" .454 Casull SRHs.
    Thanks for checking! I just bought a 4 inch Redhawk tonight in 45 Colt.

But if there is a 5.5" in .44 Magnum and that person comes to the Doswell show I might find myself in possession of that too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast