• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Nation's Gun Show, Chantilly, VA

nova

imported post

[align=center]Dulles Expo Center[/align] [align=center]4368 Chantilly Shopping Center[/align] [align=center]Chantilly, VA 20153[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=left]I'm likely going Saturday morning when it opens. If anyone is there around lunchtime maybe I'll see you at Willards BBQ :)
[/align]

ChinChin

imported post

How do their parking lots look? Parking is horrendous at the best of times. With all the snow and spaces taken up by plowed mounds of snow. . .I'm thinking it will be a nightmare.

hunter45

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Son of a....! This is the third weekend in a row I won't be able to come home because of the snow. :banghead:

LOL.

I'll probably be there Friday & Saturday.

I'll see how the parking lots look later. I always go driving around there in the middle of Blizzards. :D

230therapy

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
How do their parking lots look? Parking is horrendous at the best of times. With all the snow and spaces taken up by plowed mounds of snow. . .I'm thinking it will be a nightmare.
Easily solved...arrive one hour early.

Normally I'd tell you to park on the street or in the lot behind the field, but those are probably blocked with snow.

W.E.G.

imported post

ChinChin wrote:

See http://www.dullesexpo.com/contact/index.htm
You think those folks might be stressed?

Whatever the lot looks like now is not a good indication of what it will look like when Snowmageddon II is done dumping on us.

Somebody should check at some point.
I know I don't want to be in that lot if it is unplowed.

nova

imported post

230therapy wrote:
ChinChin wrote:
Easily solved...arrive one hour early.
Friday? pfft. The past three shows the line's usually around the side of the expo center and down around the shopping center TWO hours before the show's supposed to open.

Marco

imported post

RE: Chantilly Gun show‏

Georgia Arms (gaarms@bellsouth.net)

Sent:
Wed 2/10/10 5:23 AM

To: Marco

We believe the weather is going to keep us from attending, see you next show, thanks

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 10:46 PM
To: gaarms@bellsouth.net
Subject: Chantilly Gun show

I'm considering ordering some 10mm ammo to try and was wondering if it in stock and can it be delivered to the Chantilly, VA gunshow this weekend (2/12-2/14).

Thanks,
Marco

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
The parking lot definitely needs some work. Here's what it looks like as of Noon today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oro-qfMjMpY

>

Odd....I've driven through that paring lot a dozen times and I've never heard theme music :)

Think you can ride over to the Comfort Suites on Metrotech Drive and shoot some video? That's where I'll be teaching this weekend and I want to see if its been plowed yet! :)

hunter45

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Odd....I've driven through that paring lot a dozen times and I've never heard theme music  :)

Think you can ride over to the Comfort Suites on Metrotech Drive and shoot some video? That's where I'll be teaching this weekend and I want to see if its been plowed yet!  :)

That's the new Chris Young CD. It rocks. :D

I'll swing by there later on this evening and check it out.

Marco

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Oops! Typo in response! ;)

I've never been one for spell check,:pespecially for non work related stuff.

The lack of sleep isn't helping me either.

curtiswr

imported post

Can anyone do me a favor and price check these at Trader Jerry's table, or any table that has them? Ain't gonna make it to a gun show 'til the one in Doswell.

Ruger Redhawk in 44 mag with a 4 inch barrel
Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull (2.5 inch barrel) - doubt they'll have this one