• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Nation's Gun Show, Chantilly, VA

kle

imported post

I'll be there--I live so close it would be sill for me to NOT go.

I can check on those Rugers for you, Curtis.

kle

imported post

Curtis wrote:
Can anyone do me a favor and price check these at Trader Jerry's table, or any table that has them? Ain't gonna make it to a gun show 'til the one in Doswell.

Ruger Redhawk in 44 mag with a 4 inch barrel
Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull (2.5 inch barrel) - doubt they'll have this one
Just got back--I picked up a bunch of reloading supplies (bullets, primers, boxes, powders), though I couldn't find the grips I wanted (D&J Gun Repair was very light on their inventory this time).

I didn't see any 4" Ruger Redhawks; I think there was a 5.5" in .44 Mag that was $499. I didn't see any 2.5" .454 Casull SRHs.

curtiswr

imported post

kle wrote:
Curtis wrote:
Can anyone do me a favor and price check these at Trader Jerry's table, or any table that has them? Ain't gonna make it to a gun show 'til the one in Doswell.

Ruger Redhawk in 44 mag with a 4 inch barrel
Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Casull (2.5 inch barrel) - doubt they'll have this one
Just got back--I picked up a bunch of reloading supplies (bullets, primers, boxes, powders), though I couldn't find the grips I wanted (D&J Gun Repair was very light on their inventory this time).

I didn't see any 4" Ruger Redhawks; I think there was a 5.5" in .44 Mag that was $499. I didn't see any 2.5" .454 Casull SRHs.

Thanks for checking! I just bought a 4 inch Redhawk tonight in 45 Colt.

But if there is a 5.5" in .44 Magnum and that person comes to the Doswell show I might find myself in possession of that too. :D

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

kle wrote:

How was the parking lot?

kle

imported post

Tess wrote:
kle wrote:

How was the parking lot?
the unpaved lot was un-cleared; the paved lots were cleared well enough, with a loss of one or two spaces at the end of the rows where snow was piled up. There were still some patches of hard-pack snow to slip on while walking, but those are easily avoidable if you don't mind the big puddles of melt-water.

There were far fewer people today--I could actually see from one end of the show to the other sometimes. Probably something to do with the snow, too.

nova

imported post

Friday I was stuck in Fairfax until 4:00 and after that I discovered a bunch of people stuck in the snow on some side streets with horrible conditions so I figured I'll just go Sat. morning.

Not really looking at anything in particular but it's always fun to just look at everything. If I can pick up any ammo, that's a plus. :cool:

ChinChin

imported post

Despite what the expo center's website says; the main lot is *not* 80% clear. Not by a longshot; I'd say it would be closer to 60-70% clear. The newly paved lot to the side is packed with vendors and their trailers which take up 2 to 3 spaces a piece. People this morning were starting to double park those trailers just to locate a space.

Many of the regular QUALITY vendors aren't present. Notably absent was Georgia Arms who couldn't make it up due to the weather. But don't worry; Dark sun was there for all your rude and lack of customer service needs.

They were having some massive problems with the internal PA system which started to crank out white noise at 90db for close to 5 minutes. Just prior to the fail the big-haired, middle-aged blond promoter lady got onto the system to browbeat the attendees about something. I only caught half of it; but I think it had something to do with either vendors giving away badges or something about cops and badges (the cops being "the exception" to the "No loaded firearms: No exceptions" rule. . .not sure on that one.

In all. . .not worth the 12 bucks.

hunter45

imported post

Yeah, they flat out lied about the parking lots. That one update from Wednesday at 2:30pm says the lots are 75% clear. That was the same time I shot that video and the parking lot was 100% covered in snow.

nova

imported post

Not one of the better shows I've been to, that's for sure.

At least I had the company of a fellow OCDO member and ran into another one and his brother, so I still had a good day :cool:

Also got out to NOVA Armament, good to see their business off to a good start! :)

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Gun show was good today. Parking sucked but Gary's Gun and Transfers was excellent today. My background check as well as many others are delayed until tomorrow.

NOTE: SOMEONE STOLE A SIG .22 RIFLE TODAY FROM A DEALER'S TABLE!!!!!:shock:

gis

imported post

It was a zoo this afternoon. No bargains, just regular stuff at regular prices. I just picked up some ammo that I made a deal to buy on another forum. I did see two minivan-fulls (with diplomatic plates) of Euro libs running around and looking very much out of place. Probably a bunch of UN spies. :D Parking really wasn't a problem. I just parked near the Holiday Inn and walked 300-400 yards.

nova

imported post

gis wrote:
I did see two minivan-fulls (with diplomatic plates) of Euro libs running around and looking very much out of place. Probably a bunch of UN spies. :D
well that explains the bum looking person wearing an "Obama Progress" shirt I saw.

Riana

imported post

I was there for several hours today. Almost bought a holster for the new Ladysmith, but alas, they didn't have what I wanted in a left-hand model. Dammit.

Spent some time talking with Dick Heller over at the Ken Cuccinelli table in the back.Ran into Kle and ProShooter while wandering around - I'm still amazed that ProShooter found me, given that the only description he had was "short blonde woman in a brown sweater and straw hat." :lol: Had some interesting conversations with a few folks regarding ladies carrying (all positive). Ran into a couple of folks who recognized me from the shop, too.

So I paid $11 to kill 4 hours and walk all over the place. At least I had fun looking. :cool:

Oh, and parking wasn't TOO bad, though I did have to park over by the other building and walk from there. And I had to park in a snow bank and climb out the passenger side of the van. :lol:

CRF250rider1000

imported post

BTW when I left the show at 530PM they didn't have any cutters at the front so I had to ask around to get a tool that wouldn't scratch my Kimber:uhoh: I also had a chance to educate a guy that was buying his first handgun. Such a good feeling to educate the newbs:cool:

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
BTW when I left the show at 530PM they didn't have any cutters at the front so I had to ask around to get a tool that wouldn't scratch my Kimber:uhoh: I also had a chance to educate a guy that was buying his first handgun. Such a good feeling to educate the newbs:cool:
lens3571792_1238025149Benchmade_knife.jpg

:D:p

kle

imported post

I only had a chance to attend the last two hours of the show today. I met Riana, and I walked out with 200 rounds of Glenn Anderson's .32-20 WCF loads.