• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Palo Alto Cop Belittles Firearm Group

dirtykoala

imported post

His comments do represent the entire police force. If one ignorant open carrier were to say something like "open carry is good because you can shoot cops when you see them", the entire national movement would be seen as a threat, not just the one idiot.

Johnny Koonce

imported post

If they are so concerned about people UOC'ing and the "problems" for the public that it might bring then solve the "problem" and issue CCW's. This stubbornness makes makes me want to puke.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

I was under the impression that CA is a "fox guarding the henhouse" state. In other words, if the District Attorney supports criminal cops, the grand jury can never be consulted, as the DA is the only person who can consult them. Not the victims of criminal cops.

coolusername2007

imported post

I'd like to know exactly what kind of investigation this chump is undergoing. The article says his facebook page is his personal opinion and he won't be taken off duty. Yeah, that's a real investigation alright. What a crock.

The fear mongering of terrorists and terrorist acts only play into their favor for more police making more money. They can say whatever they want about terrorists and the terrorist threat, but I will NEVER accept living under aPolice State. NEVER. Just my personal opinion.

coolusername2007

imported post

JJ wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
I'd like to know exactly what kind of investigation this chump is undergoing.

They're looking into whether or not "he violated any police department policies"......

Lift up the rug and start sweeping
Yeah, I know. I say whatever event is being planned...we do it on the street he lives on. Take it right to his door step and make sure his friends and neighbors know exactly who isliving next to them and what he is capable of.

1245A Defender

imported post

JJ wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
I'd like to know exactly what kind of investigation this chump is undergoing.

They're looking into whether or not "he violated any police department policies"......

Lift up the rug and start sweeping

Sound familar?

Man Charged With Posting Threat On Newspaper Website
The Hartford Courant

12:46 PM EST, February 9, 2010

TORRINGTON —

A 26-year-old man is accused of posting an anonymous threatening comment about a Torrington police officer on The Register-Citizen newspaper's website last month.

Brian E. Couse, of Stanfordville, N.Y., turned himself in to police, who charged him with second-degree breach peace on Tuesday. Couse was released on $2,500 bail and is due in Bantam Superior Court on Feb. 22.

An employee at the Register-Citizen called officers on Jan. 20 after noticing the threat in the comment section beneath an online article. The article was police-related, Lt. Michael Emanuel said, but he declined to comment on what the story was about.

Police launched an investigation and later executed a search warrant, which revealed the Internet protocol address and identity of the anonymous blogger.

Couse sent the message from a work computer in New York, Emanuel said. He declined to say where Couse worked but said that he has been fired from the job.

The comment was "a threat of physical violence against an active police officer," Emanuel said.

"Simply because a person posts comments in an anonymous fashion does not give them the right to threaten or cause fear in people or their families," he said in a statement.

Calls to the Register-Citizen were not immediately returned.

— Jenna Carlesso

i think this artical is an appropriate juxtaposition for what this cop did and the investigation that is corrently being swept.

onedavetoomany

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
The fear mongering of terrorists and terrorist acts only play into their favor for more police making more money. They can say whatever they want about terrorists and the terrorist threat, but I will NEVER accept living under aPolice State. NEVER. Just my personal opinion.

Trust me, I don't buy into the terrorist fearmongering. I was simply pointing out that the detective's comments were alot more "terrorizing" than many people they charge.

coolusername2007

imported post

onedavetoomany wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

Trust me, I don't buy into the terrorist fearmongering. I was simply pointing out that the detective's comments were alot more "terrorizing" than many people they charge.

I'm with you onedave. I wasn't posting in opposition to your statement...more like piggybacking. His comments were "terroristic" in nature to be sure. But clearly the Police State Machine gets a pass on this one (so far).

Isn't it amazing how easily people will give up their liberty for a little temporary safety? The scary part is they don't seem to mind when the Police State starts applying the choke hold once their liberty is gone.

In another post, in some other thread, I asked if cops are required to attend and pass a constitutional class as part of their academy training. I'm now beginning to think they need a whole class on just the oath part.

SteveInAshand

imported post

DOUBLE STANDARD > In Oregon last month ( I'm right across the boarder ) A cop shot a highly agitated man and killed him with an AR ( shot him in the back ) when the man was confronted after the cops were called to a disturbance involving the dead ( murdered ) man.

( I heard this in a local conservative talk radio show, so I am "paraphrasing)

I will try and find a written article and make sure my facts are 100%` right.

Continuing:

The agitated dead man threw up his hands at the commands of the AR pointing cop and the "victim" said with hands raised " I'm gonna go for my gun" and then he spun around all the while reaching into his waist band, when he was turned around BANG he was punched out by the cop with the AR.

The victim was un armed , no gun, no knife, no tazer, no pen light, no stick, no collapsible baton, no stun gun, no starter pistol, no air soft gun, no BB gun, no phone NOTHING.

Now there are "extenuating" circumstances, and I understand the "heat of the moment" and I was not there, BUT lets take the cop out and put YOU in place with an AR in hand standing in your front yard >>>>YOU will be arrested , booked and on trial for at least 2nd degree murder. GUARANTEED.

onedavetoomany

imported post

This is what I was referring to...

Code:
422.  Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which
will result in death or great bodily injury to another person, with
the specific intent that the statement, made verbally, in writing, or
by means of an electronic communication device, is to be taken as a
threat, even if there is no intent of actually carrying it out,
which, on its face and under the circumstances in which it is made,
is so unequivocal, unconditional, immediate, and specific as to
convey to the person threatened, a gravity of purpose and an
immediate prospect of execution of the threat, and thereby causes
that person reasonably to be in sustained fear for his or her own
safety or for his or her immediate family's safety, shall be punished
by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed one year, or by
imprisonment in the state prison.
It seems that Detective Tauson could be investigated for PE 422 Terrorist Threats.

Johnny Koonce

imported post

onedavetoomany wrote:
This is what I was referring to...

Code:
422.  Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which
will result in death or great bodily injury to another person, with
the specific intent that the statement, made verbally, in writing, or
by means of an electronic communication device, is to be taken as a
threat, even if there is no intent of actually carrying it out,
which, on its face and under the circumstances in which it is made,
is so unequivocal, unconditional, immediate, and specific as to
convey to the person threatened, a gravity of purpose and an
immediate prospect of execution of the threat, and thereby causes
that person reasonably to be in sustained fear for his or her own
safety or for his or her immediate family's safety, shall be punished
by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed one year, or by
imprisonment in the state prison.
It seems that Detective Tauson could be investigated for PE 422 Terrorist Threats.

Yes, he should. But we all know it will never happen. He will not be disciplined and life for him will go on a usual. Law abiding citizens on the other hand now have to worry about getting shot by an LEO and not only a Criminal. Are they the same? Some times it seems so, both are more than willing to break the law and both seem to be able to get away with it.

Dave Workman