• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Swords?! haha

jeremy05

imported post

Sword drawn during Troy fitness club spat BY TAMMY STABLES BATTAGLIA
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

A witness told Troy Police that one of two Life Time Fitness members who had an altercation on the court pulled a sword out of his car in the Investment Drive parking lot at 6 p.m. Feb. 3.

By the time police arrived, both people had driven away and no one was hurt.

ISMOID

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, U
imported post

"There can be only one"

Highlander_Connor.jpg

lapeer20m

imported post

Here is an article from a few years back involving a sword....

Bay City, Michigan. August, 2004. A 43-year-old man with a sword was arrested for attacking and nearly severing both hands of a 20-year-old. following a 2 AM street fight involving several men. As the man swung wildly at him the victim threw up his hands to protect his face from the sword which struck both wrists causing severe injuries to his hands. The victim, who has a learning impairment and was not part of the original fight, underwent surgery to reattach both hands in the hopes of repairing bone and severed tendons and nerves. The sword was described as a replica weapon that can be purchased at a flea market. (source: Bay City Times).

Prophet

imported post

If I could, if i had the magic power to eliminate all guns, bombs, cannons, firearms of all kind etc. I would. I would prefer the combat of arms and protection of life and liberty to be at the edge of the sword rather than the point of a gun...I guess i'm just old fashioned and born in the wrong era.

It would have been fun to see the other guy pull out a sword of his own and duel.

buzzsaw

imported post

PITA! Sure but they never jam/fail to function or run out of ammo. I've seen people miss at relatively short distance with a handgun (adrenalin and all that) but if you get close enough, any fool with a sharp blade is going to hurt you. Or at least that's what my daddy used to say.