• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need a local gunsmith

Zukirider

imported post

I have just bought a set of trijicon night sights for my Springer XD and i need to find a local gun smith that can install them have to have it profesionaly done if i want to keep trijicons warranty, i also hear the lamps can be damaged fairly easyduring installation, i am out of the ann arbor area im willing to drive up to about an hour in any direction to have it done at a reputible armorer any that can help would be greatly appreciated:banghead:

Spriteman65

imported post

I am a couple of hours north of you, but have the best prices in the country.

You have On Target II in Lake City, Michigan and On Target in Kalamazoo.

I know there has to be someone good closer to you but I do not know of any still in business that I trust in your area.

G

imported post

Zukirider wrote:
I have just bought a set of trijicon night sights for my Springer XD and i need to find a local gun smith that can install them have to have it profesionaly done if i want to keep trijicons warranty, i also hear the lamps can be damaged fairly easyduring installation, i am out of the ann arbor area im willing to drive up to about an hour in any direction to have it done at a reputible armorer any that can help would be greatly appreciated:banghead:
Ship the slide to trijicon

Zukirider

imported post

thanks for the info i contacted trijicon they will install them for me best place to have them done and warranty will be maintained they are only 20 min from me bummer is they are secure location and so i have to ship it via ups or fed-ex so i will be pistol-less for around a week guess i will just have to OC myAR for protection :cool:

Bronson

imported post

You should be able to just ship the slide without the frame. The slide by itself can be sent through the U.S. mail or a common carrier like UPS or FedEx using the much less expensive ground shipping.

Bronson

G

imported post

Zukirider wrote:
thanks for the info i contacted trijicon they will install them for me best place to have them done and warranty will be maintained they are only 20 min from me bummer is they are secure location and so i have to ship it via ups or fed-ex so i will be pistol-less for around a week guess i will just have to OC myAR for protection :cool:
I use UPS to ship to Trijicon. Better tracking. Turnaround for my last job, to relamp one slide and install new sights on another, was 10 days door to door.

ETA: Just ship the slide as Bronson said.

Zukirider

imported post

yea i have talked with trijicon's customers service they informed me to send the slide only for the reason that is not considered a firearm as far as shipping is concered they also said that it would very likely be in and out in the same day they receive it very profesional over the phone at this point i would reccomend them to anyone, thanks for the input