Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gander Signage Change

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

I noticed that Gander added "legal open carry" to the exceptionsof which firearms which must be checked at the door....:celebrate

Post imported post

I will be looking for that sign when I go there this Saturday.

Post imported post

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

Sweet. Now I just need to find a reason to visit their store.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

hduc2005 wrote:
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    Watch out...it's feeding time at the zoo. Lock & load!!!
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Post imported post

protias wrote:
    Sweet. Now I just need to find a reason to visit their store.
    Sometimes you can find some better deals on reloading supplies than elsewheres...other than that, they seem to run in 3rd place; behind Cabela's & Bass Pro Shops.

But with their new policy; perhaps patronage might be re-instated.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Post imported post

Bout a week ago I went to gander on 27th in milwaukee and their sign said all firearms must b checked. But I didn't see it until I was leaving. Nobody in the store stopped me and I know a few people saw me carry.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    Bout a week ago I went to gander on 27th in milwaukee and their sign said all firearms must b checked. But I didn't see it until I was leaving. Nobody in the store stopped me and I know a few people saw me carry.
    Ya, that's been there policy for a long time, but it only pertains to firearms/etc being brought in for maintenance/repair.

Many of us carry in Gander without incident.

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    Pretty sure it's been policy for a while now that OCing in GM is fine. I'd been there a couple times and the most recent time (a few months ago) I talked to the guy working at the gun counter about my carry weapon. I was saying how I was looking for a small CC gun, and we talked about how the Glock I was carrying is rather large and hard to conceal.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

Does anyone know about the Deforest WI GM?

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc.'s Avatar

Post imported post

We have been informed repeatedly that Gander supports OC in all their facilities. There wereone or two uninformed employees in the past, but each time we contacted the corporate office, they assured us the support OC and retrained the employees in question.

Gander does not restrict open carry.

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    www.WisconsinCarry.org
    Hubert@WisconsinCarry.org
    Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI. 53227
    Hubert@wisconsincarry.org
    608-792-0669
    http://www.wisconsincarry.org
    Disclaimer: Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

thanks for the info

Post imported post

I think they needed to change JUST the sign. The first time that I OC in a Gander Moutntian, it stated that all guns brought in for repair needed to be checked to the door, and that doesnot pertain to those who legally carry with a permit.

We don't have a permit system, so to be correct, they had to edit the sign.

Post imported post

This thread reminds me, that even though Gander's prices aren't the greatest, I should still shop there to support them.

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

logan wrote:
    This thread reminds me, that even though Gander's prices aren't the greatest, I should still shop there to support them.
    I would still rather spend $30.00 for a 100 round value pack of winchester .40 at wal-mart than $50.00 for the same thing at gander. I mean almost double the price? And the counter guy had the nerve to ask me in a sarcastic tone where i could find them cheaper. Pfft, even scheels was only $32.99. I'm proud of GM for their stance on OC but their prices are straight up stupid.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

so why don't you ask them to price match???

cabelas has my 9x18makarov ammo for several dollars cheaper than gander mountain. But cabelas is 1hour from me, and gander mountain is only 15minutes from my house. so whenever i go there, i ask them to price match with cabelas and they do. so if walmart has the same exact item for cheaper, then just tell them to match it. now you can support them, AND get the price you want. LOL

Post imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
    I noticed that Gander added "legal open carry" to the exceptionsÂ*of which firearms which must be checked at the door....:celebrate
    Was at the GM in Marquette, MI and noticed the same.
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

Carcharodon wrote:
    logan wrote:
    I would still rather spend $30.00 for a 100 round value pack of winchester .40 at wal-mart than $50.00 for the same thing at gander. I mean almost double the price? And the counter guy had the nerve to ask me in a sarcastic tone where i could find them cheaper. Pfft, even scheels was only $32.99. I'm proud of GM for their stance on OC but their prices are straight up stupid.
    Haha ya not for ammo. But maybe or other things. I'd rather buy pistol ammo at Wal-Mart and my .223 ammo online.

Member of:

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

Take the opportunity to send a message to Gander Mountain and thank them for their new signage. (and for their policy which has been in place for a long time)

IF YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHOP IN GANDER MOUNTAIN please take the opportunity to say thank-you by filling out this Survey:

YOU MAY ALSO USE THIS SURVEY LINK TO LEAVE GENERAL FEEDBACK expressing your appreciation of Gander Mountains pro-rights policy.

http://gandermountain.iwrsurvey.com/GanderMountain/

This is a store-specific survey that you can use to give feedback on your shopping experience. The individual stores get "graded" by these surveys. It would be a great way to express your thanks if you have been in a Gander Store and saw the new signage and appreciated Gander Mountains LONG-TIME support of OC in Wisconsin. They've always been on our side since the AG memo.

In addition, here is a contact at Gander Mountain Corporate who is responsible for Gander Mountains pro-active stance on allowing Open-Carry in their stores.

Mark A. Bussard - Senior Vice President, Retail Sales

Gander Base Camp Corporate Office
    180 East Fifth St Suite 1300
    St. Paul, MN 55101
    Phone: 651-325-4300

Hand-written thank-you notes go a long way to making an impression, if you have time please drop Mark a note or call and ask if you may leave him a message to say thank-you.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

I have to say this is really cool of them. next time i am in there I will have to Thank them.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

here is more info about getting walmart prices at Gander Mountain

Retail Store purchase only:
    If you should find a lower price on an identical in stock item within 14 days at a local competitor, let us know and we will match that price! The competitor must be within a one-hour drive from your Gander Mountain store. This offer excludes rebates, financing offers, misprints, discontinued, clearance, or closeout prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. Stop by the Customer Service counter for complete details.

Post imported post

It seems like its so rare that we get to revel in victories. I will definitely drop a line or say thank you in person next time I go there.

Post imported post

It would be nice to have a winners list of businesses who follow the Constitution.

Remember to shop Woodman's Too.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

Good idea... We'll work on getting one on the wisconsincarry.org site.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast