• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gander Signage Change

Lurchiron

imported post

protias wrote:
Sweet. Now I just need to find a reason to visit their store.

Sometimes you can find some better deals on reloading supplies than elsewheres...other than that, they seem to run in 3rd place; behind Cabela's & Bass Pro Shops.

But with their new policy; perhaps patronage might be re-instated. :dude:

scorpio_vette

imported post

Bout a week ago I went to gander on 27th in milwaukee and their sign said all firearms must b checked. But I didn't see it until I was leaving. Nobody in the store stopped me and I know a few people saw me carry.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
Bout a week ago I went to gander on 27th in milwaukee and their sign said all firearms must b checked. But I didn't see it until I was leaving. Nobody in the store stopped me and I know a few people saw me carry.
Ya, that's been there policy for a long time, but it only pertains to firearms/etc being brought in for maintenance/repair.

Many of us carry in Gander without incident.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
Pretty sure it's been policy for a while now that OCing in GM is fine. I'd been there a couple times and the most recent time (a few months ago) I talked to the guy working at the gun counter about my carry weapon. I was saying how I was looking for a small CC gun, and we talked about how the Glock I was carrying is rather large and hard to conceal.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

We have been informed repeatedly that Gander supports OC in all their facilities. There wereone or two uninformed employees in the past, but each time we contacted the corporate office, they assured us the support OC and retrained the employees in question.

Gander does not restrict open carry.

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
www.WisconsinCarry.org
Hubert@WisconsinCarry.org

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

I think they needed to change JUST the sign. The first time that I OC in a Gander Moutntian, it stated that all guns brought in for repair needed to be checked to the door, and that doesnot pertain to those who legally carry with a permit.

We don't have a permit system, so to be correct, they had to edit the sign.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This thread reminds me, that even though Gander's prices aren't the greatest, I should still shop there to support them.

Carcharodon

imported post

logan wrote:
This thread reminds me, that even though Gander's prices aren't the greatest, I should still shop there to support them.
I would still rather spend $30.00 for a 100 round value pack of winchester .40 at wal-mart than $50.00 for the same thing at gander. I mean almost double the price? And the counter guy had the nerve to ask me in a sarcastic tone where i could find them cheaper. Pfft, even scheels was only $32.99. I'm proud of GM for their stance on OC but their prices are straight up stupid.

scorpio_vette

imported post

so why don't you ask them to price match???

cabelas has my 9x18makarov ammo for several dollars cheaper than gander mountain. But cabelas is 1hour from me, and gander mountain is only 15minutes from my house. so whenever i go there, i ask them to price match with cabelas and they do. so if walmart has the same exact item for cheaper, then just tell them to match it. now you can support them, AND get the price you want. LOL

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Carcharodon wrote:
logan wrote:
I would still rather spend $30.00 for a 100 round value pack of winchester .40 at wal-mart than $50.00 for the same thing at gander. I mean almost double the price? And the counter guy had the nerve to ask me in a sarcastic tone where i could find them cheaper. Pfft, even scheels was only $32.99. I'm proud of GM for their stance on OC but their prices are straight up stupid.
Haha ya not for ammo. But maybe or other things. I'd rather buy pistol ammo at Wal-Mart and my .223 ammo online.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Take the opportunity to send a message to Gander Mountain and thank them for their new signage. (and for their policy which has been in place for a long time)

IF YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHOP IN GANDER MOUNTAIN please take the opportunity to say thank-you by filling out this Survey:

YOU MAY ALSO USE THIS SURVEY LINK TO LEAVE GENERAL FEEDBACK expressing your appreciation of Gander Mountains pro-rights policy.

http://gandermountain.iwrsurvey.com/GanderMountain/

This is a store-specific survey that you can use to give feedback on your shopping experience. The individual stores get "graded" by these surveys. It would be a great way to express your thanks if you have been in a Gander Store and saw the new signage and appreciated Gander Mountains LONG-TIME support of OC in Wisconsin. They've always been on our side since the AG memo.

In addition, here is a contact at Gander Mountain Corporate who is responsible for Gander Mountains pro-active stance on allowing Open-Carry in their stores.

Mark A. Bussard - Senior Vice President, Retail Sales

Gander Base Camp Corporate Office
180 East Fifth St Suite 1300
St. Paul, MN 55101
Phone: 651-325-4300

Hand-written thank-you notes go a long way to making an impression, if you have time please drop Mark a note or call and ask if you may leave him a message to say thank-you.