• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gander Signage Change

hduc2005

imported post

here is more info about getting walmart prices at Gander Mountain

Retail Store purchase only:
If you should find a lower price on an identical in stock item within 14 days at a local competitor, let us know and we will match that price! The competitor must be within a one-hour drive from your Gander Mountain store. This offer excludes rebates, financing offers, misprints, discontinued, clearance, or closeout prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. Stop by the Customer Service counter for complete details.

KansasKraut

imported post

It seems like its so rare that we get to revel in victories. I will definitely drop a line or say thank you in person next time I go there.

BerettaFS92Custom

imported post

hduc2005 wrote:
Does anyone know about the Deforest WI GM?

OC is OK in GMDeFo.....

was just there Wednesday this week, I live in DeFo now, I would be a little apprehensive to carry in the Republik of Madison until we could launch an OC Rally of some sorts. no news on the guy arrested in madison as of late??

metalman383

imported post

I did ask them to match Scheel's prices on .45. He told me that I should go there then. I was very uninpressed with his attitude, I didn't tell him that I had just cleaned out the last 4 value pack boxes that Scheel's had. They do some pretty good prices on new guns, but the ammo is really, really out there.

M

McX

imported post

It would be nice to have a winners list of businesses who follow the Constitution.

Good idea... We'll work on getting one on the wisconsincarry.org site.

ummm, i can think of one that comes to mind......................I SAID I CAN THINK OF ONE THAT COMES TO MIND!:D

scorpio_vette

imported post

was at the gander mountain store on 27th street today and noticed that they had changed their sign.

before it basically read that all firearms must be checked.

now it says that all firearms must be checked unless legally carrying as permited by the state.

now i'm just giving the short version as i didn't memorize the whole sign, but one thing that seemed odd is that the sign seems to have been made universal for ALL gander mountains, because the sign did make a remark about "open carry and concealed carry". but then it had the part about in accordance with state laws. so that's why i think the sign is universal. but i did think it was curious, as it may mis-inform people into thinking that CC is in someway obtainable in wisconsin.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
was at the gander mountain store on 27th street today and noticed that they had changed their sign.

before it basically read that all firearms must be checked.

now it says that all firearms must be checked unless legally carrying as permited by the state.

now i'm just giving the short version as i didn't memorize the whole sign, but one thing that seemed odd is that the sign seems to have been made universal for ALL gander mountains, because the sign did make a remark about "open carry and concealed carry". but then it had the part about in accordance with state laws. so that's why i think the sign is universal. but i did think it was curious, as it may mis-inform people into thinking that CC is in someway obtainable in wisconsin.
CC is obtainable in WI....

IF you are a retired cop...:?

It just occured to me that any business owner may prohibit a retired cop from CCW in their business... A retired cop may not carry in a school either unless State law explicitly allows it...

However, this law shall not be construed to supersede or limit the laws of any State that permits private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms on their property or prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any State or local government property, installation, building, base, or park.

.......a qualified off-duty officer is allowed to carry a concealed weapon in a public area but must follow the regulations imposed at federal buildings, schools, airports, etc.

As an off-duty officer, you are not able to fly with a concealed weapon according to the current Federal aviation regulations. The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act does not affect federal laws, such as those enforced by TSA. Federal law does allow officers (and regular citizens) to bring their firearms with them in their checked luggage. (They do have to declare the firearms to airline personnel.)

scorpio_vette

imported post

My wife, baby boy and me were at the gander mountain down in Kenosha yesterday. we walked around and looked for some holsters for my wifes new px4 and my CZ82 (i will find a holster that fits. someday).

so i walked up to the counter after not seeing anything and asked one of the guys. he asked me if i was a cop. i told him no. so he leaned over and quietly asked why i'm carrying. i said for self defense and to protect my wife and son. Then he carefully looked towards the front door and started to say: "well i'm not sure what the store policy is......." at which point i politely interrupted him and told him about the policy, the recent signage changes, and that it's perfectly legal in Wisconsin.

Then he just turned around and looked at me and said: "man i gotta give you props for doing that. I'm all for it, but people around here are so afraid to open carry because the cops seem to just harass anybody that even thinks about carrying. Not like up in Milwaukee where the cops just let you go about your business (LOL...i wish)"

then he asked me if i get alot of dirty looks or catch alot of shit about it. to which i replied: "i think i get more dirty looks and shit about my piercings and tattoos." he just LOL.

then i asked if i could try a couple of the holsters at the counter since i would have to unholster my gun to do so. he told me to bring them up to the counter and try whatever i wanted. once i came back with the holsters, he just watched me long enough to see me drop the magazine and check the chamber to make sure it was empty, and then he just turned his back to me and went to help other customers. after a minute he came back and after checking one more holster i placed the magazine back in the gun and placed it back in my holster. apparently one of the other customers saw me handling the gun and placing it in my holster and must have given me a nasty look, because the employee looked and me and said: "that guy just gave you a real nasty look when you holstered. what's his f-ing problem. it's legal and completely harmless".

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hey Scorpio! I think I may have the holster type you need for that CZ-82. I have four of those pistols (well, three now...I gave one to one of my sons) and I gave it to him with the holster. Anyway, I could not remember what the holster was so I had to go through about two years worth of old orders paperwork to find it. I ordered another one of what I ordered about two years ago from MidwayUSA and it arrives tomorrow, 3 March. So if it DOES fit the CZ-82 I will post it here or send you a private email. I ordered two different holsters for the CZ-82 from two different makers both sold by MidwayUSA so I will let you know if one, or both fit when I put my CZ-82 in them.

Phil

scorpio_vette

imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
Hey Scorpio!  I think I may have the holster type you need for that CZ-82.  I have four of those pistols (well, three now...I gave one to one of my sons) and I gave it to him with the holster.  Anyway, I could not remember what the holster was so I had to go through about two years worth of old orders paperwork to find it.  I ordered another one of what I ordered about two years ago from MidwayUSA and it arrives tomorrow, 3 March.  So if it DOES fit the CZ-82 I will post it here or send you a private email.  I ordered two different holsters for the CZ-82 from two different makers both sold by MidwayUSA so I will let you know if one, or both fit when I put my CZ-82 in them.

Phil

Cool thanks. Which type of holsters did u order? I'm trying to find a hatdshell type holster with a retention system that has to be deactivated. I don't like how fobus only retains by pressure.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, these holsters are NOT retention type holsters. One is made by Gunmate and the other by Bulldog. I think they are basically the nylon type with adjustable thumb strap and ambidextrous. If I remember correctly the one I ordered 2 years ago fit like a glove. Tomorrow they will be delivered and I will slide the CZ-82's in them. I will let you know the exact make and model holster once I get them in and try em out.

Lock and Load!